X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never question your guts

Customer calls Pilot out on 53 Year old O.J. Smith permaglas hydronic boiler.
    Pilot goes out on button release. Install new thermocouple, same. What a bear getting under n up to change out "Guts " repeat n Hit gas control with hammer. POOF
    BURNER ON! Sometimes U get Lucky! Nice Lil Check from another KAT LADY.
    Bless His Lil fur BALLS
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Never question your guts

Nothing worse than getting charged for a service call when I could have solved it by myself by turning on a breaker or beating it with a hammer....
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Tool, sounds like a sticking Mag head in the gas valve. you may be back to install a new gas valve on that unit
      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
        ... you may be back to install a new gas valve on that unit
        Yeah, the only thing I ever fixed with a hammer that STAYED fixed was my younger brother's attitude.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

It's the gas valve. May have had a weak thermocouple too, but definitely gas valve.

Comment

Do You think Grainger would be able to match that gas valve ? 1958 AO Smith permaglass boiler Tanks Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Do You think Grainger would be able to match that gas valve ? 1958 AO Smith permaglass boiler Tanks Tool
              I can't find any info on your boiler but I doubt there are to many 1958 gas valves that cannot be adapted to a currently available model. Grainger has most of the common options.

Comment

Working...
              X