X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground Water Leak

Has anybody seen a detector for locating leaks underground in the yard? I have used the ones for locating under a slab but those have issues when used outside in the wind and grass. I ask this now after yesterday's water leak repair that required 2 holes at 5' deep to locate the leak. I may not be as sore today had that been narrowed down to one hole...lol

Re: Underground Water Leak

I'm sorry that happened

Leak locating is easy.
    That is after I have spent hours upon hours listening to a piece of equipment with expensive excessories costing $5,000.00 to replace.
    I'll PM you some tips as I am tired of being the only plumber out of 10 customers in the supply house
    due to all the internet educated Illegals(goes for Cracker handymen) ruining my trade.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      I'm sorry that happened

Leak locating is easy.
      That is after I have spent hours upon hours listening to a piece of equipment with expensive excessories costing $5,000.00 to replace.
      I'll PM you some tips as I am tired of being the only plumber out of 10 customers in the supply house
      due to all the internet educated Illegals(goes for Cracker handymen) ruining my trade.
      Thanks for the info. How deep do you think that setup will operate? I have to keep in mind signal and volume strength if they vary. I am hearing impaired and this may have a conflict. Visual detection of sound would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
        Thanks for the info. How deep do you think that setup will operate? I have to keep in mind signal and volume strength if they vary. I am hearing impaired and this may have a conflict. Visual detection of sound would be better.

They make'em just for the both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
          Because Adam's locator has a digital display you really don't need to hear. That said the unit and headphones are very powerful and unless you are totally deaf it should not be a problem. With his larger microphone he can go to 15' depending on conditions.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Because Adam's locator has a digital display you really don't need to hear. That said the unit and headphones are very powerful and unless you are totally deaf it should not be a problem. With his larger microphone he can go to 15' depending on conditions.

Mark
            The larger Microphone that you made possible for me to own.I may still not have one had it not been for our friendship.
            Thank-you Mark.

Comment

My pleasure of course.

Comment

ya thanks mark for the 1 of a kind flange wrench

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ya thanks mark for the 1 of a kind flange wrench

rick.
                  When you lost the most unusual tool contest to me I just felt like you needed to have it.

Mark

BTW: Thanks for the 87-Bronco

Comment

Working...
                  X