X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To renew your plumbing license

Just curious what other states have to go through to renew a plumbing license. The State of Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry complains that it's over worked and under staffed and has so much to do. Then they decide to change everything and make it even more complicated for everyone, including themselves. It's just unbelievable. Check out what we have to do now. I currently have a two year Master license renewable at the end of 2012 and every two years after that, already paid my fee's for this term. Now right in the middle they decide to pull this garbage and they want more money and have to resubmit everything, AGAIN? Argggggghhhhhh!!!!
    Ok I feel better now, just had to vent.

http://www.dli.mn.gov/CCLD/PDF/pe_contr_lic.pdf

Re: To renew your plumbing license

We have to pay the renewal fee every year, take continuing education every year before we can renew, and send in our insurance every year. We have to post bond as well too, but I think it's only once every 3-5 years.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
      We have to pay the renewal fee every year, take continuing education every year before we can renew, and send in our insurance every year. We have to post bond as well too, but I think it's only once every 3-5 years.
      We don't have continuing education right now but it's coming very soon from what I've been reading.

Comment

You don't want to know what we have to do here in Missouri....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
          Our continuing Ed is only required when Oklahoma (CIB) adopts an updated code and our bond is updated annually as well

Comment

I have Florida down to a Science ... They just dropped the QB license but I'll bet the Main state license goes up by at least the price of the QB :-( Continuing Education every 2 years ...

County , City and Bond Every year ...

Comment

Be Fair! In Springfield we have to pay a whole $20 every year to keep our license.

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              You don't want to know what we have to do here in Missouri....
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                Be Fair! In Springfield we have to pay a whole $20 every year to keep our license.

Wow...we have to pay $35.00 for the city and $25.00 for the county!!!

Derek

Comment

We're being ripped off! I just paid for two years, around 400 bucks. Now half way through the two years they decide they're going to change everything and hand out new improved license numbers, Oh but we have to pay AGAIN for what we've already paid for. North Dakota is starting to look really nice. The oil boom area of Williston is rocking and rolling!

Comment

none of the counties here even have a license. Ok, maybe a business license, but certainly not a plumbing license.
                    I wrote quite a few letters after moving here trying to get a state license, but was met with no interest with my state representative. It was suggested that I might have more luck addressing union representatives, But thats a can of worms I'd rather not open.

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    Wow...we have to pay $35.00 for the city and $25.00 for the county!!!
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Let's see....in Pennsylvania we have to do absolutely nothing! Well kind of.

Once you're a Master Plumber in Pennsylvania, our license is good everywhere in the state except Pittsburgh and Philly. Our License does NOT come from the state, it comes from the township/borough in where you took the test. Once you have your Master's license, you just show it to the next town you work in, and possibly pay a fee. We also have to pay a contractors license to the state ($50.00) which is good for 2 years I think.

The only down side to our lax rules is...we are flooded with illegal Plumbers, but they have been slowly weeding themselves out.

That's it....Welcome to Pennsylvania!
                      Last edited by Flux; 11-02-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                        Just curious what other states have to go through to renew a plumbing license. The State of Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry complains that it's over worked and under staffed and has so much to do. Then they decide to change everything and make it even more complicated for everyone, including themselves. It's just unbelievable. Check out what we have to do now. I currently have a two year Master license renewable at the end of 2012 and every two years after that, already paid my fee's for this term. Now right in the middle they decide to pull this garbage and they want more money and have to resubmit everything, AGAIN? Argggggghhhhhh!!!!
                        Ok I feel better now, just had to vent.

http://www.dli.mn.gov/CCLD/PDF/pe_contr_lic.pdf
                        Now you know why they're overworked and understaffed!

You think that's bad? If you want a license to do business in St. Paul and Minneapolis you have to pretty much send the same things required in the State application to each city. Plus a State Mechanical Bond. Oh, and Minneapolis costs more than the State, and St. Paul is almost as much as the State.

Although the cities' apps don't require a notarized signature on anything like the State.

I'm glad I'm almost through with the yearly load of paperwork crap and checks to send out to cities, State, and bonding companies, hither and yon.
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                          none of the counties here even have a license. Ok, maybe a business license, but certainly not a plumbing license.
                          I wrote quite a few letters after moving here trying to get a state license, but was met with no interest with my state representative. It was suggested that I might have more luck addressing union representatives, But thats a can of worms I'd rather not open.

Right....I found the same thing...no state level...its all done at the city and county levels....I called Jeff City and was told basically the same thing....by the way, the fees I am paying are for business licenses...no other kind of licenses recognized here....

Derek

Comment

ah ok, I thought one of the cities near you might have one. Springfield does, and I Think Joplin does. other than that, no license for further than I'm willing to drive for work.

Comment

I have to get * busisness license 120$ * year but no plumbing license ? Just * certification of qualification which is good for life ... And they cant take it From you ever.....plus no new training required. My gas ticket however they Can revoke and you have to pay * fée every 3 or 5 years

Comment

Working...
                              X