Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Permit / Code Enforcement

My State disappointed me today:
    Dirtbag owners of a low income housing project called for an estimate to replace their gas lines, 40K worth of gas line work, owners decided it would be cheaper if they installed 50 Electric water heaters, almost identical price...

Dirtbags call me to price beat me up on the water heater price, They would like to bring in their own crews (illegals) and have me pull permits for $100 each and install the heaters themselves...

Never plan to hear from them again, Then a month later I get a call from the maintenance guy asking for a gas line estimate on one building in the group... I ask him about the water heaters and he tells me the owners brought in 4 illegals and knocked them out in 2 weeks and even did the electrical

I called my favorite city inspector who knew nothing of this (No permits Pulled), He also called in the state inspectors, The state issued the owner a citation for $1000 and the owner can now purchase permits himself since " the work has already been done" but just needs to be inspected...

Sounds like the dirt bags got a great deal to me I'm not sure why I even play by the rules sometimes

Re: Plumbing Permit / Code Enforcement

Yeah the guy probably gets money from the government to run the dump too. He just pocketed the extra that he didn't pay a pro.
    They let them get away with it, what can we do?

Comment

Never met an apartment owner yet, that cared about anything other than the price. Function, & longevity of the materials, fixtures, or appliaces being installed, don't even enter into their pea brains. And owners of single rental dwellings run a close 2nd to the apt. owners.

Comment

Just think,this is only the beginning.
        Wait till those same illegals are driving past your house in your old truck pulling your buddies boat that you the taxpayer paid for.While your sitting on the porch telling your family about the good ole days when all they used to do was dig for you.
        Why would apartment owners,homeowners,whoever spend money on us.When the government pays them to use illegals
        (I.E.illegals recieve 10's of 1000's per boarding house in minority funding per year so they can live off piss level cash).

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Just think,this is only the beginning.
          Wait till those same illegals are driving past your house in your old truck pulling your buddies boat that you the taxpayer paid for.While your sitting on the porch telling your family about the good ole days when all they used to do was dig for you.
          Why would apartment owners,homeowners,whoever spend money on us.When the government pays them to use illegals
          (I.E.illegals recieve 10's of 1000's per boarding house in minority funding per year so they can live off piss level cash).
          I just finished the duel axel Gallows I need to start a road show, We just found our 1 st. client ! Can I count You in Brother ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Man that makes as much since as mud. What city was it in if you don't mind me asking? That gets my blood boiling, I'm sure your even more tick off. The illegals are a huge problem in this country. Not as bad here in Oklahoma, as it was in Texas when I lived there or how I bet it is in California.
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
              Man that makes as much since as mud. What city was it in if you don't mind me asking? That gets my blood boiling, I'm sure your even more tick off. The illegals are a huge problem in this country. Not as bad here in Oklahoma, as it was in Texas when I lived there or how I bet it is in California.
              I can only imagine the problems folks are having with illegal's, I'm in a small town and see them in the supply house every once in a while (Working for real estate agents / rental property managers).

I have found a great resource for dealing with the illegals: Call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE This is the DHS Immigration and Customs reporting hotline and you can actually talk to your regions Enforcement and Removal centers headquarters here is the link Contact ICE - Enforcement and Removal Operations, The squeaky wheel always gets some grease right?

If our government does not take care of issues like this I can only imagine what the future holds for us as Tradesmen or as a nation...
              Last edited by OkieBill; 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X