Found some cool items under a tub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some cool items under a tub

Bathroom remodel, tearing out cast tub and tile surround. access panels for tub w & o was behind a WC, house was built in 1959.

there were 2 of the Hamms cans, owner let me keep one, and keep the bowl wax and supply boxes. kind of a cool find.

Name:  b0a18ee035f60ab83281334aaad0854e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  487.7 KBName:  d6bb42e8e10147a0f1711c380f8634b5.jpg
Size:  488.3 KBName:  d23c1d398179d65fe3d11a447cdd2954.jpg
Size:  352.5 KBName:  db082973c77df3413c09c0afd7cb076b.jpg
Size:  490.3 KBName:  9ee4b11ca1f65fbf30e233d02c3d364a.jpg
Size:  488.4 KBName:  130a0903b78dbf489ebeef7991c1f171.jpg
Size:  490.5 KB

Re: Found some cool items under a tub

I worked with a guy doing renos he would always buy a playboy from the month and year the work was done and bury it in a wall or ceiling still in the plastic kinda cool for the next guy... Seanny

Comment

Im sure he stashed after it was, well um' used..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yah um.... I hope not..... Another memory hit me last night when i was four or five my mom used to take care of this old guy that was blind and close to his death bed she would cook for him do laundry ect ect. One day he sent me under his old clawfoot tub in search of a coffee can he gave it to my mom for my college fund i think there was just over two grand in it.... He died a few days later... Probally my best score from under a tub...ironically that helped pay my first year of plumbing school thanks george

Comment

I found a box full of 1960's Playboys in a craw space once.
          The job took twice as long as it should have.

Comment

when taking down a old building on the place, (one you could tell which way the wind had been blowing), I found these two license plates in the soffit of the roof edge,

there steel (the colors) are Porcelain on the steel, I sure there my grandfathers, but still a piece of history,
            Attached Files
            Last edited by BHD; 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That can of Hamm's beer was made up here in St. Paul. Hamm's, from the the land of Sky Blue Waters. ) If I remember correctly, Hamm's went belly up. You can still get it, but it's made by someone else, somewhere else.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

The Hamm's story:
                Hamm's Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                  That can of Hamm's beer was made up here in St. Paul. Hamm's, from the the land of Sky Blue Waters. ) If I remember correctly, Hamm's went belly up. You can still get it, but it's made by someone else, somewhere else.

My grandparents had a bar up here when I was a kid and they lived upstairs of it over looking main street. Ahhhh the memories of sitting on the hot radiator watching the snow come down and the drunks coming in and out of the bar. And at night laying in bed looking at THE HUGE LIGHTED HAMMS SIGN OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!!! Those were the days, yup.

Comment

I couldn't resist.

Comment

Ya know I think I could actually smell that glass of beer. Mmmmmmmmmmmm LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X