X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real chalange,i feel

I have opened up a closet wall behind tile . need to tee off between temp control
    and valve , only have about 2 1/4"between both valves . Cant get in tee,both valves set in tile,of course. Plus, heat sweating would melt dope at valves. So I am thinking cutting in tight hole in 3/4" cooper and inserting a 1/2" 90. It would be a tight fit projecting in 1/8"into 3/4" pipe. I would go real easy with the heat! Think this is doable? thanks
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: A real chalange,i feel

Is there a capped outlet on the bottom side of the valve?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
      Is there a capped outlet on the bottom side of the valve?
      No Scott, tub fill with out diverter. Valve is for tub fill. This is My only option to save beautiful tile !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Consider calling a professional.

Comment

Try this Tool http://www.t-drill.com/tmp_t-drill-u...ng=9&s=241&q=y I'm sure Rick has 6 or 12 of them he will probably let you borrow one. There are other manufactures of this type of tool that the same thing REMS makes a hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            No Scott, tub fill with out diverter. Valve is for tub fill. This is My only option to save beautiful tile !
            If everything is coming off the bottom of the valve, what about the top?

Comment

I dunno Tool, can you snap a pic of what you have there?
              sigpic

Comment

Cut it out,fabricate and re-install with tee in position.Use fitting type adapters if /when necessary.

Comment

I would not do it but ... cut a t and make it so it conforms to pipe ... find some 50/50 + nokrode (low temp) once soldered on drill from the bull into the 3/4 ... hope this makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                    I would not do it but ... cut a t and make it so it conforms to pipe ... find some 50/50 + nokrode (low temp) once soldered on drill from the bull into the 3/4 ... hope this makes sense
                    BINGO! I like this a lot,will do. I owe You a steak dinner.

Comment

I find stuff like that and laugh at it in peoples homes. Do it right or call a pro. WTF

Comment

" When Your enemy is destroying Himself , It's best to get out of His Way.

Comment

I hope we get to see pics of this!!!

Comment

Re: A real chalange,i feel THANK YOU

Thanks Soo much Brother Noettica. I took off the back Half of the tee with My Metal chop saw. Wrapped sand tape around a scrap piece of 3/4" copper and honed it all smooth . I haven't used 50/50 in years! Used the small tip on My B tank. Not the best looking wiped joint,but no leaks. AWESOME GUYS ON RIDGID ! Took pictures will
                            Post ,when Mom helps Me to learn how. No beautiful tile damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                              If everything is coming off the bottom of the valve, what about the top?
                              Its a mystery. I have no idea of what he has or why he needs a tee. Do you? Needs a tee between temp control and Valve? What brand what type valve? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X