Good times!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good times!

So the other day had a customer that has a sewer line that runs through a pasture that had broken and they didnt know it. When I got there to fix it there was poo everywhere and it was really swampy. I took my backhoe and dug out both ends and laid a new stick in there and pushed the muck around with the backhoe when i noticed I was getting a flat on my front tire. So I promptly loaded it onto the trailer and headed to the tire shop to get it fixed. Now mind you my truck is clearly marked as a plumbing truck. The office guys tell me I dont need to unload it they could do it right on the trailer so I watched the employee go out there and unbolt the tire and remove it from the tractor. he isnt wearing any gloves and by this time im snickering to myself inside the showroom watching this unfold. As they guy is rolling the tire toward the shop he stops and smells his hands and I am dying laughing at this point. Guess he learned a major rule of plumbing s@#t stinks mud dont. HAHAHA

Re: Good times!

You coulda told the guy about the hazardous material on your piece of equipment..... I would never put two and two together that you are a service plumber who might be fixing a broken pipe in sewage mud... I would assume the mud was just mud, not something from somebody's toilet. Silly me for assuming somebody would not let me grab two handfuls of feces while attempting to provide excellent service. I am not that dull either. IMO that is a dick move, but we all have our days where we get somebody, and we get gotten. I guess it was his day to be got.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I understand where your coming from but it was not my intentions for him to get a handfull it just went down like that and I will admit I did find humor in it. Maybe I just have a bad sense of humor but if you grab my tape measure and pull it out with your mouth im gonna laugh my a@# off at ya.

Comment

Not funny at all !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i say he should have smelled it as soon as he got close to the truck
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Hold on before everyone gets there panties in a wad. I went to the tire shop to get my tire fixed thats it. I had no hidden agenda to prank this guy or telling my buddies watch this. While I was inside telling the counter guys what was going on there employee went to remove the tire. Maybe you would have but im not going to go running across a parking lot waving my hands yelling wait that tire has poo on it. I dont know where yall are from but almost every tractor in my area has crap on the tires its the nature of the use of the equipment. Be it cow, chicken, pig, horse or people crap not alot of people around here spend forty thousand to just drive them on nice sunny days. So I guess that makes me a dick for assuming that a place that repairs tractor tires would have the common sense to take the neccesary precautions. But I guess in america you can spill a hot cup of coffee on yourself and blame someone else for not telling your stupid a@# that it was hot.

Comment

I personally would have cleaned my equipment before I took it for service. Common courtesy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
                I understand where your coming from but it was not my intentions for him to get a handfull it just went down like that and I will admit I did find humor in it. Maybe I just have a bad sense of humor but if you grab my tape measure and pull it out with your mouth im gonna laugh my a@# off at ya.

Ehw, I have probably put alot of nasty things in my mouth, but the end of a tape measure? I would never ever think about that.
                We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  I personally would have cleaned my equipment before I took it for service. Common courtesy IMO.
                  Lets see driving thirty min past tire store to shop, then spending thirty min to an hour washing then thirty min back to tire shop then thirty min or more for them to fix the tire then another thirty min back to shop to drop off backhoe all so some guy doesnt have to put on gloves does not seem to make a lot of good business sense to me. Common sense has to come into play first!

Comment

I have seen it many times and wonder what people are thinking when they pull out a tape measure with there mouths expecially if its mine. Most of the people know if there using something of mine, no wait anything of mine that it probably has had poo on it. Even my extension ladder that we stick down into pits to pull pumps out.

Comment

I wonder if that tire guy went home and played with his children, maybe he or someone in his family has a compromised immune system, you never know.

We have a responsibility to the public because of our job, We all make mistakes no doubt, you made a mistake and placed innocent people in danger because of your actions.

We all live and learn...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                        I wonder if that tire guy went home and played with his children, maybe he or someone in his family has a compromised immune system, you never know.

We have a responsibility to the public because of our job, We all make mistakes no doubt, you made a mistake and placed innocent people in danger because of your actions.

We all live and learn...
                        Okay lets not blow this way out of proportion. I own a piece of equipment that I use for what I bought it for. I got a flat and took it to the place that fixes these kinda problems. End of story Now what the guy did, did strike me as humorous. Do I believe he went home touched some one and then that person touched someone and now were all afraid to leave our houses waiting on the lottery for the cure of what started in the tire shop. Makes a good movie not realistic. So for any tire shop employees that may be reading if you work on tractors please take precautions there is almost a 99% chance there is s@#t on it! And if you choose not to wear gloves please wash your hands sometime after you have done your job. Oh yeah really by the way Id probably recommend wearing gloves even on small car tires as well as you never can tell whats on the road. Good rule of thumb if your not willing to lick it probably dont want it on your hands either and if you do get it on your hands again please wash because If I dont tell you these things you clearly dont have enough sense to do it on your own. Hope this makes everyone happy.

Comment

It amazes me that the first time I pulled a toilet I used a sponge to get the water out of the bowl and I wore rubber gloves and nobody had to tell me to. I just thought ya know thats a toilet it probably has stuff in it that I dont want on my hands so I should take the neccesary prercautions. Im amazed I had the ability to think for myself because that seems to be something that doesnt happen anymore. Its so much easier to point the finger at someone else and say there the reason I messed up.

Comment

Working...
                          X