Diesel fuel is $4.399 a gallon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diesel fuel is $4.399 a gallon

A diesel engine will still outlast any gasser. Not to mention that I typically don't even notice I am towing a 700# trailer. My friends VW Jetta TDI (diesel) gets over 50 MPG. Hybrid cars are a joke they take more energy to produce than they save. One gallon of diesel contains approximately 147,000 BTUs of energy, while a gallon of gasoline only has 125,000. The engines are typically more efficient. Regardless of fuel cost I would still choose a diesel over a gasser. I do like the fact that if I wanted to (or had the time) I could produce my own biodiesel with a little chemistry and plumbing.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Re: Diesel fuel is $4.399 a gallon

Originally posted by mpm View Post
      I do like the fact that if I wanted to (or had the time) I could produce my own biodiesel with a little chemistry and plumbing.
      Good luck finding your raw material! Back in the old days, restaurants would have to pay to have it hauled off.. Now they get paid for it, and there is a problem with grease theft!! I feel sorta bad for the old timers who had a good thing.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
      X