X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller id is wonderful

I am still amazed that there are some really stupid people and telemarketers out there that don't realize people have caller id and know exactly who is making the call.

Re: Caller id is wonderful

I punch in any phone # to google and get a lot of info. Map shows home or building.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I punch in any phone # to google and get a lot of info. Map shows home or building.

I do that too for new customers. Shows the picture of their house and directions, nice.

Comment

Also what people don't understand is when you call an industrial line (not the right word, but hopefully you get the idea) like a bank or something like that, they capture your phone number even if you have your number "restricted." The system that restricts your phone number is a different system that they have. Their system sees all. I learned this the hard way when a relative of a friend used my phone to call a bank. A few months later I had investigators calling me looking for him, despite the fact my line is blocked.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

When I see blocked # I never answer.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

old school call screening was your answering machine!! Now I let unknown calls go to voicemail. If it was important, they will call back or leave a message.
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Every call I receive goes directly to the machine which has this message:

"We do not and WILL NOT answer any unknown, unavailable, out of area or otherwise unidentified calls unless you identify yourself at the sound of the tone. If no one answers, we are not available at this time, in which case, leave your name and number and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you."

Not to many get past the "We do not and will not answer any unknown" before they move on. But there are those that just can't seem to get the message and keep hearing the same thing, over and over.

And like stated above, "If it is important enough, they will leave a message or call back" and hear the same message all over again.

Has knocked down the amount of unwanted calls, but a few still sneak through.

Ron

Comment

Rule #1 of sales, let the person your calling know who you are and who your company is. If they don't give a name and company name the call is over for me.

Comment

My home voice mail had been getting bombarded lately with the "Microsoft windows calling" scam to remove a "bad virus" on my PC. At least they should try a valid number, 123-456-7890 or all 0's is a red flag.

Comment

telemarketers are wising up, they are now calling with numbers from your own area codes. I had this happen both in california and here in NC.

I also will not pick up blocked, unavailable calls.
                    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Heres what you need in your office.

Cat answers the phone. [VIDEO]
                      26+6=1

Comment

I still like this one:
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X