W.h.expansion tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.h.expansion tanks

Does You code require one be installed on a Water Heater ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: W.h.expansion tanks

I honestly don't know, because we still have many area's that don't have back flow preventers or check valves installed on the water service. When I come across a home that's like that, I always install a threaded tee plugged off for future use.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Does You code require one be installed on a Water Heater ?
      It does now. Some people have a hard time understanding the new need of it when their old water heater worked the last 20 years without one.

Comment

Wash. state exp., tanks on W.H. is code. I like the threaded tee and plug flux. great idea.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Here yes. if there is any type of backflow device on the incoming water service or there is a pressure reducing valve with or without an integral bypass
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes, required.
            Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Here pertection from expansion is code because we are required to put a check valve on our municipal service line "because its not rated for hot water.. i hate the eexpansion tanks thou so i usually use apollo expansion ball valves their cheaper and you have to put a valve in anyway and customers dont question what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                i hate the eexpansion tanks thou so i usually use apollo expansion ball valves their cheaper and you have to put a valve in anyway and customers dont question what they are.
                What is the Apollo part no. on the expansion ball valves you use?
                Last edited by Plumbus; 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                  What is the Apollo part no. om the expansion ball valves you use?
                  The Conbraco model number is 483400 for a sweat and 483401 for a IPS.

Everything looks great except the fact that I think it needs to have a drain run, so it must spit.
                  Last edited by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc.; 12-04-2011, 10:14 AM.
                  Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

That is one expensive valve!. I usually do a brass tee off water heater w/ 6" nipple and 90 for tank. I have had an inspector require expansion tanks here on 2.5 gallon under cabinet water heaters. Their reason was the code doesn't specify a minimum size of the heating vessel requiring one. I guess common sense doesn't play into it either.

Comment

Illinois plumbing code requires expansion tanks on all wh installs and vacuum breakers on heaters at level or above fixture level

Comment

I'm surprised they don't require some sort of expansion devise on insta hot undermount tanks. They invariably cause their dispensers to dribble when not in use.

Comment

Not sure about here but I do install them on solar systems, it prevents the tpr from blowing off on hot days when the controller shut the pump down when it reaches the hot limit.
                          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

The advantage with using the conbraco or watts relief valve is it will serve as a trap primer for the floor drain as well as providing thermal expansion.

They are common here in BC, Canada.

Comment

yes , they have started enforcing them pretty strictly here. They are required by code here now that all new HW installs have one. Hey just more to mark up. Takes about 3 more min to install and you get to mark up the price. hey works for me.
                              Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
                              crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Working...
                              X