Commercial pex question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial pex question

This will be the first time using it. Curious what you guys are using to support it ? Thanks.

Re: Commercial pex question

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
    This will be the first time using it. Curious what you guys are using to support it ? Thanks.
    Check out Sioux Chief Sioux Chief

Comment

I've got some suspension clamps which work great. The issue is bar joists on five foot centers. What has been used before is strut and insulated strut clamps. Seems to pricey to do it that way. IMO

Comment

Plumber from Texas said down there it's armaflex and zip ties.

Comment

Theirs just no beauty in pex

Comment

Pex has it place. These days I use both pex and propress. A few years back I would have never thought I would be using either. How times change.

Comment

I've bundled it together and used clevis hangers.4pcs. of 3/4" armorflexed usually fits in a 4" clevis hanger..You can make anything look nice.Just takes time
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How about getting 10ft, or 20ft lengths of 2" pvc pipe (or 3" if needed), and run the pex piping inside the pvc pipe to act as a sleeve. This will give the pex continuous support. Just hope you figured it into cost.
                I was working at a workout gym, a few months back. I noticed the pex lines running along the back wall, were all drooped atleast 4ft in some places, on the hot side. The pipes were all insulated with black armaflex, & the wall was painted black, so no-one even noticed it. The 1" pex was only supported about every 10ft to 12ft. I made the owner aware, but of course he aint gonna spend the money to fix, & says its the building owners responsibility. It looked like a disaster waiting to happen, at any time, & soon. This building is only 3yrs old.

Comment

I think I'll use Sammy's, beam clamps, clevis hangers oversized to accommodate Armaflex insulation.

Comment

a couple of wraps of duct tape around the pipe and the I beam should hold it and probably look as good as anything to do with PEX
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X