X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family comes first

Just got home, my mom bought a house on a small island off of vancouver island. After 1000 plus km each way and almost three hours of ferries " more if you include waiting for the ferry" each way after eleven days im finally home. I brought my dad first time ive spent more then a day with both my parents since my little brother passed away two years ago in march. Before that we had been all toghther in probally 12years so. It was nice. My mom bought .8 of an acre and a small 16x22' cabin that was far from finished. Between me and my dad we managed to gut the insulation "which was pathetically installed. Reinsulate do all her plumbing get an electrion to do the wiring "panel was in" put in a wood stove tile the harth and bathroom tng the bathroom and kitchen ceiling install tub sink and toilet and felt the outsiide, reinstall dripedge and flashing. It was a nice change from service and plumbing to do some stuff i normally wouldnt do.. in the end we were far from finished my mom paid my gas and ferries and got 180 man hours of various jobs done. I sure missed my son and step daughter and wife but like i said family comes first.... Thanks. Seanny

Re: family comes first

I'm sorry for your loss and . It is good to take care of family.. Thanksgiving here in the states so I have been dealing with family thus I found the bottom of a bottle of cask #16

Comment

Labor of love

Comment

"THE MEASURE OF A MAN, ARE HIS CHILDREN" Mom and Dad are standing TALL. Bless You all.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
          Just got home, my mom bought a house on a small island off of vancouver island. After 1000 plus km each way and almost three hours of ferries " more if you include waiting for the ferry" each way after eleven days im finally home. I brought my dad first time ive spent more then a day with both my parents since my little brother passed away two years ago in march. Before that we had been all toghther in probally 12years so. It was nice. My mom bought .8 of an acre and a small 16x22' cabin that was far from finished. Between me and my dad we managed to gut the insulation "which was pathetically installed. Reinsulate do all her plumbing get an electrion to do the wiring "panel was in" put in a wood stove tile the harth and bathroom tng the bathroom and kitchen ceiling install tub sink and toilet and felt the outsiide, reinstall dripedge and flashing. It was a nice change from service and plumbing to do some stuff i normally wouldnt do.. in the end we were far from finished my mom paid my gas and ferries and got 180 man hours of various jobs done. I sure missed my son and step daughter and wife but like i said family comes first.... Thanks. Seanny
          You sound like a great son to have around so I'm wondering why your mom moved so far away. Maybe you should have brought your wife and kids with so they could have enjoyed the adventure and spend some time with the grandparents. That reminds me, my mom's been asking me to fix her bathroom sink faucet for about three months now. I should get over there. Thanks for the reminder!!
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
          X