X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid vs sparten

I have a 1065 sparten rodder, but was considering going to a 1500 rigid rodder for ease of moving the rodder around the sparten is heavy and almost impossible to get into basements by myself. I am concerned with a sectional machine as I have never used one. Any thoughts on pros and cons. Thanks Mark.

Re: rigid vs sparten

Welcome to the Ridgid Forums "MNTINC" Please take a few minutes and familiarize yourself with the Forum Search function,. We have had alot of spirited debates on this subject The Sectional vs. Drum Debate is a highly contested around here... I use a combination of both Sectional and Drum Machines each have there uses and require slightly different techniques. Okie

Comment

what size pipe, distance and stoppages do you run into there?

1500 will run 1.25'', and 7/8'' sectional cable.

the k-60 will run the 7/8'' and 5/8'' cable. my first choice

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Look out guys I am in a fun mood. Foregt the cables, go jetters all the way. If we can get the Roundup going downunder Little Billy will show you the way. probably carry the machine on board your plane for you to take home too.........!

Comment

Now if you didn`t know I`m a sectional plumber and the K1500 is the best sewer machine out if you really want to clear that blocked drain if not use a jetter or a drum machine

Tony

Comment

Attachment Attachment Attachment 1065 is hands down the best large drum machine on the market. Someone experienced with 1065 is going to get almost any drain open. It used to be my go to machine, but now I like the power I get with the Model C and I like that there is almost no maintenance.
            Attached Files
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Spartan and Duracable, I have a Duracable DM, the largest main line they make and it is awesome. Ive had it for 12 years, no issues with it. I run spartan cable in it. I have pushed 200' of cable with that machine, no issues, been stuck in some nasty root masses and it held its own. I own a k-60 also, I find that it binds up pretty easily and becomes one big self feeder, I have been stuck with it a couple times already and had to pull it out of the sewer manually, the machine couldn't get itself out. Ran the camera thinking I was gonna dig up a really big issue, there was a root mass, but not as bad as Ive been in before with my duracable. I sent it in because it seemed like it was weak and ridgid replaced something and said it was fine. its still pretty weak, but, it will do a great job in a pinch if you need to go into a basement or roof top. My duracable goes in and out of the van very nicely and is an enclosed drum, I dont worry about a mess in clean places. Spartan 1065 is a great machine but it is loud, at least the older ones are, and without a hoist, it sucks to load and unload.

I have the spartan 100, the best kitchen sink machine on the market. never an issue and I have had to clear main lines through 2" drains with it due to peoples budget issues. great machine.
              Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

I have a spartan 300 and use it for clearing main lines. I don't do a lot of sewers but use it often. I've had the same machine and SAME MAGNUM CABLE for for almost 15 years. That tells you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                  Look out guys I am in a fun mood. Foregt the cables, go jetters all the way. If we can get the Roundup going downunder Little Billy will show you the way. probably carry the machine on board your plane for you to take home too.........!
                  have you forgotten that "little billy" also imports the us jetter 4018 for his big stuff.

next month i will own 2 of them. including the unit specifically built for your country.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick you never seem to amaze me and I bet many more of the blokes down under. Why two 4018's and where do you store all of your equipment. You must have a shed bigger than Walmart

Comment

All I have ever used are sectionals . Those being the k50, the k60, and the 1500.. Never even owned a pistol snake So it's hard for me to give you an honest comparison. Of course there have been a few times that I would have loved to "NOT" deal with sectional cables .Especially in tight quarters.But where theres a will theres a way. I work by myself so its, easier for me to make a few trips to the truck for the loading / unloading of the equipment than to deal with an "everything" machine that I cant lift by myself..Good luck
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

going to sell my first one that's 300 gallons and buy a new one that's 200 gallons and 18'' narrower. same engine and pump specs. also approx 1000# lighter. popular unit for australia with narrow roads.

new cost with tax and delivery along with remote control is 44k.

what's the cost downunder?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick not sure. Little Billy might pm yoo a price because the market here is pretty competitive. There is a knockoff of the warthog being flogged around and some otehr cheaper gear as well. Mind you Bill has the market with the nozzels though. Would love to see Bill's price

Comment

thanks, but i doubt the local factory rep will like to stomped on by a kangaroo

do you guys see many us jetters there?

the smaller frame/ 200 gal tank they build primarily for you guys. the 300 gal setup is 18'' wider and 1000# heavier.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I run lines about 100 feet or so and sizes from 3 to six inches. I think I will keep the spartan and use the 1500 when im by myself and need to get it downstairs in a basement.

Comment

Working...
                              X