X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locke Supply Dropping Rinnai Tankless

So the manager of my local and only real supply house for 45 miles (Locke Supply) called to tell me that they were no longer going to purchase Rinnai Tankless Waterheaters

When I questioned the issue further I found out that Lockes is not only dropping Rinnai but picking up Bosch to replace it.

The Best us contractors can tell is that Rinnai only wants there products sold to professionals so Lockes believes it is missing out on retail sales thus picking up a brand that can be sold retail.

I can't wait to see the homeowner installs!

Re: Locke Supply Dropping Rinnai Tankless

Something doesn't make sense to me.Ferguson's(largest in U.S.) sells to every Illegal this side of the boarder.At some of their branches they have to hire counter help that speaks spanish.Tankless are flying out the doors to non licensed.

Also they raised my price $300.00((mid $900 to $1200) about the same time they added a couple flush vales to the package.
    I was big on Rinnia,took their teardown/rebuild class.Gonna do some talking with a few people.Maybe time for a change.
    Noritz,I like their vent pipe better anyway.

Eternals at $500.00 more look mighty good considering you can run a recirc and get 19.4 gal.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 12-07-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

The Lockes in my areas sell Navien Tankless Water Heaters. Hope they don't start selling only Bosch around here, they as POS.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
        The Lockes in my areas sell Navien Tankless Water Heaters. Hope they don't start selling only Bosch around here, they as POS.
        How is the navien track record these days? I am way too gun shy to trust them after so many were tore out for being junk.
        How are they priced in comparison to others?

Comment

To be honest I don't install enough tankless to know. I do know the Navien units have a buffer tank and circulation pump built into thge unit which is a neat feature. I stay away from all tankless. I don't like them and feel they are kinda a gimmick.

When I customer wants a high efficiency water heater I install these:
          Eternal Hybrid: The world's first and most advanced hybrid water heating system
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I try not to give locke my business, They've started selling Bradford White heaters to walk in customers for the same price I can buy them for. at least the other Bradford dealers are selling them at a slightly higher markup to the walk-ins.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
              I try not to give locke my business, They've started selling Bradford White heaters to walk in customers for the same price I can buy them for. at least the other Bradford dealers are selling them at a slightly higher markup to the walk-ins.
              This is the reason why I'm not loyal to ANY supply house. I will drive 10-15 minutes down the road, if one supply house is $5.00 cheaper than the other, and I let them know it too.

Comment

My dad wants me to install a tankless in my new house, to kind of see how they are. We have yet to install one (don't want to either), but I could of paid to have one installed from the builder if I wanted one.

I just don't see the benefit of having a tankless water heater. Too many cons to justify the aggravation of installing one.

Comment

More Information:
                  -Lockes is dropping Rinnai and replacing it with "A level Bosch" which is a higher end Bosch that is only available to contractors and runs about $30 higher then my current Rinnai cost. (Everyone else sells the B level Bosch I guess)
                  -Lowes Sells Rinnai to any retail customer under the Jacuzzi brand name.

I have found a new Rinnai dealer thanks to a my Rinnai Rep:-)
                  Last edited by OkieBill; 12-07-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Really, Bosch??!? Ok, I like there power tools. But their tankless heater suck a fart out of my @$$ (to be blunt). I absolutely hate those heaters not to mention their tech support is practically non existent. Interesting about the Rinnai selling at lowes under the Jacuzzi name...
                    Lowes sells Bosch here, Home Depot and Hawaii Pacific Plumbing Supply sell Rheem, Fergs sells Rinnai. HPPS (Hawaii Pacific Plumbing Supply) also sells Eternal, which I am really interested in but I know more about the Rinnai.
                    Basically if a company doesn't take the time to train me in there tankless heaters I ain't installing them. How am I gonna sell something I would have to call a tech support to service? Not to mention most tech supports are central time which means 4-5 hrs difference.
                    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                    X