206 soilpipe cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 206 soilpipe cutter

Hello all, I recently purchased a 206 soilpipe cutter off of ebay. Of course the listing said it was in working order but when I got it the knob just spins and doesn't open or close the cutter. I took it apart and found that the steel pin was sheared off under the knob. Ok, a roll pin will fix that. Looking at the parts breakdown from Ridgid it shows a drive blade also in the assembly, which is missing in mine, so i ordered one. Has anyone worked on these before? From the picture I can't figure out how the blade goes in, what it's function is, and how it interacts with that steel pin that sheared off. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: 206 soilpipe cutter

are you referring to part number 22

http://www.ridgid.com/CatalogDocs/206.pdf

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like the last guy jammed the jaws and applied a 2' pipe wrench to the knob to release it. Very common problem with the 206 so be careful to have the jaws fully open and the chain as tight as possible before you ratchet it closed.. or it will jam on you too.
      sigpic

Comment

See the attached pictures. The drive blade is the "S" shaped piece. It gets pressed into the "ratchet shaft assembly" (part 23). The knob (part 9) has a forked end that engages the drive blade. The purpose of the drive blade is to allow the knob to slip if it is overtightened instead of breaking some internal parts.
        Name:  5c2de4ed8d1483c13831c344da1f1b28.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  393.5 KBName:  b421f5bbcbe6f9e0666e0ea384d40afa.jpg
Size:  405.5 KBName:  113c1fc59e96253d9cdc0c5e06ccfdda.jpg
Size:  460.1 KB

Comment

Working...
        X