X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas bonus

Curious what people do for staff Christmas bonus. We give $300 cash, give them the time off with pay for the time between Christmas and New Years, have a Christmas dinner and small gift basket. Is this in line with others?

Re: Christmas bonus

The extra week off paid is the part that caught my eye, The rest is in line with what my company provides.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
      Curious what people do for staff Christmas bonus. We give $300 cash, give them the time off with pay for the time between Christmas and New Years, have a Christmas dinner and small gift basket. Is this in line with others?
      Sounds downright generous to me!

Comment

Christmas,,,, bah, humbug. we give them a week off and sliding scale bonus depending on time with us but most are getting 5 bills because all but 2 have been here 10 years or more
        sigpic

Comment

No wonder I'm so damn busy the week after Christmas!...All you jokers are fat amd happy watching college bowl games while I'm busting my butt.

Comment

Bonus What bonus !

I have No employes and have Not been able to pay myself for years ...

Comment

A Christmas bonus and or a weeks holiday what`s that we in the real world have to work for our daily bread and dripping I haven`t had a holiday in years and that`s what`s wrong with the world everyone expects more and more and it is just unsustainable as we can see in Europe the days of milk and honey are over if we want to compete with Asia

Tony

Comment

we work a 1/2 day Christmas eve then go to shop for a lunch where they supply the main dish and every one brings something .then we get a ham that no one wants so i take them and give them to people that need it . we do get paid for the 25th
                we use to have a night out with our wives for a dinner and a show but that stopped 5 years a go along a gift check
                and some of us have been there for over 20 years maybe a 3rd for over 10 years

im going to work for NHMaster
                Last edited by HVAC HAWK; 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM.
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I take care of my #1 son
                  But i dont work for government
                  If hes happy I'm happy
                  Last edited by DELCASE; 12-11-2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: letter

Comment

My father use to give $500.00, lunch somewhere nice, and a few days off between Christmas and the New year when he had employees.

Regardless of anything, you're doing a very nice gesture for your employees, and I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Comment

I usually get the 19.3 % bonus

Comment

Wow, you guys looking for and piping planners/designers. We get lunch and a bonus, usually around 300

Comment

Thanks for your replies, interesting to see what goes on in other companies.

Comment

I intend to give my 3 employees $500 each. It has been a great year and they were part of it.

David

Comment

when i was in the union, we got our percentage of vacation and holiday pay. but it was our money to start with and it basically was a forced savings for the holidays and april 15th.

then depending on how the jobs turned out, we got a percentage of the net profits.

best bonus was when i brought in a 400 unit apt complex in at 68%.

other best bonus was when we got our $7.00 an hour bonus on a 18 month project that made money. just the 3 company guys and not the 27 hires from the other union hall that eventually went bust.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X