Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Correct die head for left hand threading with a 300 power threader & 311A carriage Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct die head for left hand threading with a 300 power threader & 311A carriage

I am trying to locate a die head for the Ridgid 300 power drive that can use l.h. dies for left handed threads. The information in the available litterature and on Ridgid’s site is conflicting. The 300 operator's manual (p13 06/11 edition) under the heading "Installing Dies in No. 811A Q.O. die head (Right and Left hand)" suggests it is possible to thread l.h. threads with this die head. On page 20 under the "311A Carriage and Tools as Accessories" table row 4 from the top under 811A "Universal...., Right hand only" says differently! On the site, under optional die heads page they indicate no. 842 die head for l.h. threading and indicate that this head can be used on several threaders including the 300 (top of diehead selection table). Yet in the operator manual one only talk’s about the 811A and 815A dieheads! In fact after some searching I did not find a single power threader where this head is shown as an accessory die head that can be used. Finally I would also like to know wether a left hand die head can be used in conjunction with an 819 nipple chuck set to make right/left threaded nipples (with the appropriate dies, of course)?

Re: Correct die head for left hand threading with a 300 power threader & 311A carriag

Try this,
    1-800-4-RIDGID

and get your answer from the source.

Comment

Re: Correct die head for left hand threading with a 300 power threader & 311A carriag

the nipple chuck would not work for the left handed threads, even if you were cutting rights on one end and lefts on the other, it would most likely unscrew the nipple from the adapter, the adapter out of the chuck, or release the chuck. I definitely will not do lefts only since the adapters are for rights only and the release is for rights only.

can not help you with the die head, never had a need for lefts, seems kind of backwards to me

Comment

Working...
      X