X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shot on e-bay!!!

picked this up on ebay last week. just delivered today....brand new , looks to be NOS(date on instructions 2008)....$ 177 +50 shipping
    Attached Files

Re: Hot Shot on e-bay!!!

I s that just more or less a big DC transformer?

Comment

Yes a very big transformer, it converts homeowners electric into money, money, and more money
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
        I s that just more or less a big DC transformer?
        Kinda, except that transformers don't work with DC, they need a varying current like the expanding/collapsing field created by AC current to induce an EMF on the secondary side of the transformer. Once you have shifted (or stepped as its known) the voltage up/down and inversely proportionally the current down/up, you can then rectify the AC into DC.

Without transformers our nationwide electrical backbone and even delivery down your street would not exist as it does today. We'd be using Edison's DC system with a power plant every mile or two spewing our filth into the air (or you'd have a baby nuke in your backyard, you decide).

Of course none of this applies to California, where they don't want any power plants but like to consume as much electric as they can.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 12-28-2011, 05:50 AM.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X