X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the last week in Anaheim

Been there many times and have family there. It's just been a few years since I've been back. I Loved the warm weather, mid to high 70's every day. Spent some time at Seal Beach too and tried a different place to eat every day, that was great.. But... oh man the traffic has gotten even worse than I remember. I just could never work in that kind of traffic, it would drive me nuts. I also found out that white people are now minorities in LA, knew that was coming. I also forgot about the hum or the low roar at night from all the distant highways.
    When I flew in the Santa Ana winds were going pretty good and had all the smog cleared out. I could actually see the mountains and even the stars at night. When I left today I couldn't see the mountains anymore, the smog came back that fast.

I also noticed a LOT of plumbing trucks and plumbing "hack" trucks driving around everywhere. Took a walk early in the week in the neighborhood and came upon a water heater being replaced. Three Mexicans had the water heater in the front yard. Old white crappy van with no lettering. I tried to talk to them but none could speak English. Oh well, when I got back to the house and told the story they said you DO NOT talk to anyone, you do NOT even make eye contact. Haahahahha, yea ok.

It's nice to be back home. ;-)

Re: Spent the last week in Anaheim

had you warned us you were in town, we could have wined and dined you. next time give us fair warning.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      had you warned us you were in town, we could have wined and dined you. next time give us fair warning.

rick.

Thanks Rick, I'll let you know. We'll be going more often because of some family members health. I have family in Lakewood, Cerritos, Anaheim and Long Beach.
      I was reading that the area has 7068 people per sq. mile covering 1668 sq. miles. The most densely populated area in the United States, AND I believe it. I guess I would get used to it but it wouldn't be easy. Just a LOT of people is all I can say. Busy all the time.

You do have wonderful weather, man it was NICE!!! Now I'm back home looking out the window and it's all snow and about 12 above outside and I have to go shovel before heading out. hmmm

Comment

Let Me know ,You have My # I'll, fly down. Awesome group ! I'll buy the STEAKS !!!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Its a Fun Place Orange County. Lived there 30 years Many Changes there, Mostly down hill . 05 to 08 in San Cemente. Loved it its the best place . Thought Id never leave But now I live in Highland near San Bernardino. Every one allways bagged on the IE even me . Theres good things out here too. If I can just make a living here thats good. Now I hate going to OC because of all that traffic and LA is even worse. Id say brush up on your Spanish in Anaheim Santa Ana area. Oc isnt a white town as people think it is Central OC is pretty much all Imigrants. South County is differant . When I did tract Plumbing for a shop based in Orange I often was the only English speaking Plumber on jobs.

Comment

Thanks IR.
            Let the rest of the nation know what to look out for.Millions upon millions of them out here.Sponging off a system origionally put in place to help those in need,not support a whole race to shatter the legs out from under americans.
            Our Racist Mayor of Los Angeles has now said there will be no more punishment for the illegal unlicensed drivers.So I'll bet our auto insurance goes up again to cover their uninsured boom that is coming.

Looking forward to seeing you when you come out again.
            Adam.

Comment

rick.
              Wined and Dined? Very classy of you folks to do that for a board member and fellow Plumber.

Comment

rick.
                Rick, I cant believe that you and many other guys over there are so open and hospitable. Down here it is the total opposite. Nobody cares for anyone else, pretty p--- poor wouldnt you say......!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                  Rick, I cant believe that you and many other guys over there are so open and hospitable. Down here it is the total opposite. Nobody cares for anyone else, pretty p--- poor wouldnt you say......!!!!
                  i'm sure if we made the annoucement that we were coming to town, you guys would throw some shrinp on the barby and i'll mix up some k-60 shakes

still working on the downunder roundup

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

For the entire state of CA, caucasions are less than a majority. ( about 48%)

In the list of the most densely populated cities per square mile, the first US city on the list at #90 is LA, at 2750 per square KM. More than NYC even, but the land area figures seem odd. The chart lists NYC at 8683 sqkm, and LA at 4320 SqKm ??

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
                      For the entire state of CA, caucasions are less than a majority. ( about 48%)

In the list of the most densely populated cities per square mile, the first US city on the list at #90 is LA, at 2750 per square KM. More than NYC even, but the land area figures seem odd. The chart lists NYC at 8683 sqkm, and LA at 4320 SqKm ??
                      That might just be the city of LA. It's much larger when you include the entire LA basin.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                        Been there many times and have family there. It's just been a few years since I've been back. I Loved the warm weather, mid to high 70's every day. Spent some time at Seal Beach too and tried a different place to eat every day, that was great.. But... oh man the traffic has gotten even worse than I remember. I just could never work in that kind of traffic, it would drive me nuts. I also found out that white people are now minorities in LA, knew that was coming. I also forgot about the hum or the low roar at night from all the distant highways.
                        When I flew in the Santa Ana winds were going pretty good and had all the smog cleared out. I could actually see the mountains and even the stars at night. When I left today I couldn't see the mountains anymore, the smog came back that fast.

I also noticed a LOT of plumbing trucks and plumbing "hack" trucks driving around everywhere. Took a walk early in the week in the neighborhood and came upon a water heater being replaced. Three Mexicans had the water heater in the front yard. Old white crappy van with no lettering. I tried to talk to them but none could speak English. Oh well, when I got back to the house and told the story they said you DO NOT talk to anyone, you do NOT even make eye contact. Haahahahha, yea ok.

It's nice to be back home. ;-)

You made me visualize a maurading gang of Latino plumbers, if you make eye contact with them they raid your house and take the good plumbing fixtures. LOL

The frozen hinterland is glad to have you back. BTW: Not so frozen here in the Twin Cities. If you came down here to fly to la la land you should have let me know, I could have taken you out for lunch for a "Punch" pizza. (mmmm mmmm good!)
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

[QUOTE=geno gardner;367965]You made me visualize a maurading gang of Latino plumbers, if you make eye contact with them they raid your house and take the good plumbing fixtures. LOLQUOTE]

If you trulely want to see what is happening to the construction trades in this country come to any western state and hang out at the Contractors entrance to any Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            You made me visualize a maurading gang of Latino plumbers, if you make eye contact with them they raid your house and take the good plumbing fixtures. LOL

The frozen hinterland is glad to have you back. BTW: Not so frozen here in the Twin Cities. If you came down here to fly to la la land you should have let me know, I could have taken you out for lunch for a "Punch" pizza. (mmmm mmmm good!)
                            We usually fly from MSP, it's just easier than using Duluth. There wasn't any snow down there when we got home and didn't see any until about Hinckley on the drive back up. Up here we have a few inches on the ground right now and are expecting more this weekend. Punch pizza, sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                            X