• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to See A lifetime Lying there :-(

The Father passed ...

Son never learned the trade ...

Yard Sale ...

Tools in totes others on the ground

Nothing jumped out at me I have it all already ...

Anyone need a couple of big ratchet die handles ?

Re: Sad to See A lifetime Lying there :-(

Happens more then one can imagine. To me however that is not as sad as when a successful company started by the parents is ruined by the kids when the parents suddenly pass away and the kids think they know how to do it better. Failure every single time.

Comment

My father forced me to learn this trade as a young kid, regardless if I was going to be a tradesmen or not. As I grew older, I understood the "why" part of my dad's forcefulness.

Regardless if a kid is good with his hands or not, having a trade to fall back on is absolutely PRICELESS! I understand some people are simply made for College and the white collar world, but I think society has it seriously wrong in todays world.

Comment

the good side of it. Spent the day with My Son Brian, He has passed Me in cabinet making, at 40. Along with 3 other Men We milled 42" redwood logs into slabs N lumber with a lucas saw mill.We will make benches and tables, in our shop for our family
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          the good side of it. Spent the day with My Son Brian, He has passed Me in cabinet making, at 40. Along with 3 other Men We milled 42" redwood logs into slabs N lumber with a lucas saw mill.We will make benches and tables, in our shop for our family
          Wish my Wood Mizer would do 42" logs...

Comment

How about,

Son was glad to see someone else appreciate that life of his father.

Man worked hard all his life, enjoyed it, provided well for family.

So well that his son had options. And chose somehing other than the trade that had provided him the choice.

What would his father have wanted? I hope that he'd have wanted to give his son a good footing to set off in the direction he chose. And been happy to accept that it was a different direction than his own. And have been proud that his expertise and dilligence had allowed his child such freedom.

I think you happened to be at that yard sale, or whatever it was, for good reason.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace : good reply :-)

Ace you have a PM ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                How about,

Son was glad to see someone else appreciate that life of his father.

Man worked hard all his life, enjoyed it, provided well for family.

So well that his son had options. And chose somehing other than the trade that had provided him the choice.

What would his father have wanted? I hope that he'd have wanted to give his son a good footing to set off in the direction he chose. And been happy to accept that it was a different direction than his own. And have been proud that his expertise and dilligence had allowed his child such freedom.

I think you happened to be at that yard sale, or whatever it was, for good reason.
                Perfect intro for Utah

Comment

Originally posted by Paul GA View Post
                  Wish my Wood Mizer would do 42" logs...
                  Paul, it's My friends mill. I have wanted a wood mizer for Years. what model is yours, what do You cut?
                  Last edited by toolaholic; 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

if i had a son i would want him to learn about my trade and also the things i have learned over the years but i would let him make his own choice for what he wanted to do .
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

i almost had a piper

but phoebe has been to alot of jobs to help and watch.

here she is looking at my brand new jetter and thinking what about my college fund

don't worry phoebe, the jetter will put you through college.

rick.

Attached Files
                      phoebe it is

Comment

My 2 1/2 year old knows more about tools and fixing stuff than most people my age. I learned a trade, and he will too like it or not. My lifetime of tools and equipment will not be sold for a pittance.

Comment

Tozzi, welcome back Brother. Girls shipped scallops and quahog meat from cape for Christmas.
                          Ever braze ,or silver solder carbide teeth on saw mill blades? friend has lucas mill, I want to help Him ,thanks, happy New Year,Tool

Comment

Just braze it like you would anything else, I do it on core drills all the time.
                            As for the Quahogs, here you go.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                              i almost had a piper

But phoebe has been to alot of jobs to help and watch.

Here she is looking at my brand new jetter and thinking what about my college fund

Don't worry phoebe, the jetter will put you through college.

Rick.

Hey PLUMBER RICK there is always next year for a PIPER to keep PHOEBE company growing up together
                              Last edited by JERRYMAC; 01-01-2012, 12:42 PM.
                              JERRYMAC
                              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X