X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residents have NO Clue

Residents think they Don't have to pay ... If the lines are bad Call a plumber !

Resident blames $2,000 water bill on broken pipes

PASCO COUNTY -- A Port Richey resident is blaming her pricey water bill on broken pipes.
    Gallons of water spewed onto Spanish Moss Drive in Port Richey Thursday and some residents say it’s not the first time.
    "There were many people out of their houses because it was a big water break with just gallons and gallons of water flushing out all over the road," said Sandra Nagle.
    Pasco Utility crews had it cleaned up Friday but Nagle says pipes bursting there have been a nuisance for years.
    Thom Mazucco has lived in the neighborhood for 26 years.
    "Over the past couple of years, 15 times. Ten to 15 times easy," he said. "Ya know, ya lose count."
    Nagle says although the mess has been cleaned up there's still a problem with the pipes.
    She says she got a huge bill from Pasco County utilities claiming she used tens of thousands of gallons of water earlier this year.
    But she says there's no way she used 33,000 gallons of water like the bill states.
    "I had a water bill in February for one month. I've lived here since 1997 and it was $2,000," she said. "And I've never had a bill over $100 to $150."
    But Pasco County Utilities representatives say that high bill has nothing to do with them or the lines that broke. They say it's a water usage problem and could possibly be from leaky plumbing or valves.

Re: Residents have NO Clue

I used to live in FL....they will always blame somebody else.....its never the city's fault....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Rule #1 IF WATER IS SHOOTING UP in your front yard
      turn off your meter

Comment

Who's pipes ???
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i have a customer with a very large home/ lot in beverly hills. he's been in negotiations with the city over a $10,000 + water bill. the meter is electronic and is read every 15 minutes. what doesn't make sense are the daily consumption numbers. 1 day is off the charts and the next is next to nothing. the water company is not giving and has threatened to shut off his water is he didn't pay part of the bill. who knows, might just see it 1 day in judge judy's court.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i have a customer with a very large home/ lot in beverly hills. he's been in negotiations with the city over a $10,000 + water bill. the meter is electronic and is read every 15 minutes. what doesn't make sense are the daily consumption numbers. 1 day is off the charts and the next is next to nothing. the water company is not giving and has threatened to shut off his water is he didn't pay part of the bill. who knows, might just see it 1 day in judge judy's court.

rick.
            Tell your customer that, if the water company isn't going to use some common sense, he can tell the water company to come and get their water meter, and he will put a well in then.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Tell your customer that, if the water company isn't going to use some common sense, he can tell the water company to come and get their water meter, and he will put a well in then.
              They can take their meter out and Ill install a jumper!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                I would install my own meter, right after the city one, to see if they coincide, if I had that big an issue, with a city with no common sense.

Comment

Working...
                X