Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Inspection Camera - Any No-Names?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Inspection Camera - Any No-Names?

I'm researching pipe inspection cameras and would like to hear what your favorite is, (brand, length, camera head size, add-on's) and also wondering if anyone has tried any ofthe no name brands with any success, like this company, SEVofNV Sewer Equipment Company of Nevada Store ???

There are also some others selling on ebay.

Please let me know your opinions. Is there any non Ridgid users?

Thank you.

John

Re: Favorite Inspection Camera - Any No-Names?

I believe "Sewer Equipment Company of Nevada" in Henderson, Nevada is a virtual office which is somehow connected to "South Coast Sewer Equipment, Inc." in Irvine. There are a bunch of reviews for them both on this and other plumbing forums.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-02-2012, 11:32 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I bought a camera from this small Midwest company. I've been using it for quite a few years with no problems. It's generic, it's quality, and it works.

SewerEye - Sewer Camera and Pipe Inspection Systems.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        i bought a camera from this small midwest company. I've been using it for quite a few years with no problems. It's generic, it's quality, and it works.

sewereye - sewer camera and pipe inspection systems.
        no prices ???????
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Pro Built Tools makes the cameras. Same as the South Coast Equipment ones.

Comment

Bills Video in North Dakota makes and manufactures their own cameras. I've talked to them and they're terrific. They do sell on ebay also and have a 100% perfect rating. In fact I just came in for lunch after doing an inspection with mine and it works great. Mine is a color camera with 200 feet of cable. I do have the older model with the tv and the built in vcr but paid around 1500 bucks for it back then. I've never had a problem with it.
            I just transfer the vhs tape to a dvd for my customers and mail it to them with the report. Here's one of their more recent models:

"SELF LEVELING" SEWER PIPE VIDEO INSPECTION CAMERA | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Pro Built Tools makes the cameras.
              Never heard of the company, so I went over to their website to check it out, and I found something very disturbing over there, and so I will NEVER buy something from a company who claims their product is approved by Plumbers in all "52" states!

Makes me wonder when the last time they saw an American flag!

Comment

Originally posted by schulte View Post
                I'm researching pipe inspection cameras and would like to hear what your favorite is, (brand, length, camera head size, add-on's) and also wondering if anyone has tried any ofthe no name brands with any success, like this company, SEVofNV Sewer Equipment Company of Nevada Store ???

There are also some others selling on ebay.

Please let me know your opinions. Is there any non Ridgid users?

Thank you.

John
                I would stay away from Sewer Equipment company of Nevada and South Coast Equipment, The owner is a Hack Crook

Here are a few entertaining reads:
                https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t38261/

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t8994-4/

ToUtahnow is the unbiased source on this issue, trust him
                Last edited by OkieBill; 01-04-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I have a Sewer Eye camera system too.I bought it used off Ebay,it had 3/8 pex for a pushrod.I made enough to send it in for a newer style pushrod in less than a month.They were very easy to deal with and had a very fast turnaround.I would buy another any day and also recommend them to anyone that needs a good entry level system.I made up my own viewing set-up as the tv-vcr was too bulky,I used a 7" headrest monitor and mounted it in a pistol case.I bought a Sony dvd recorder,all together I have about $1500 invested.Well worth it!!

Comment

Working...
                  X