Silver soldering saw blade carbides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver soldering saw blade carbides

Have oxy aceteline tanks, And B tanks. I will make a small steel revolving table to
    silver solder carbide tips on in the field for My friends Lucas Mill. I need 1100 degrees.
    I think the b tank is only good for 800 F ,Am I wrong? Mon I receive My metal detector. Friend doesn't have one,Lost 3 blades on My trees! Only 5 tips per blade.
    Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Silver soldering saw blade carbides

Well tool ,The Pratical Machinist site says go Oxy Acceteline on Hi Temp Brazing.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Well tool ,The Pratical Machinist site says go Oxy Acceteline on Hi Temp Brazing.
      Thanks Kevin,You're always there for Me,

Comment

Did I just hear a whine off in the distance?
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

acy/ b tank will easily heat up that blade pretty quick due to the fact the blade is a thin and a small area. how about the temper change after brazing?

oxy/ acy will be faster, but on such a small area, i think you might need more of a jewelers torch setup.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Did I just hear a whine off in the distance?
            TOOL, would like a lil cheeze with that wine ?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              acy/ b tank will easily heat up that blade pretty quick due to the fact the blade is a thin and a small area. how about the temper change after brazing?

oxy/ acy will be faster, but on such a small area, i think you might need more of a jewelers torch setup.

rick.
              great tutural 2 Masters google U Tube brazing carbide tips part 1 of 2
              carbide processors . Heat is on the tips, saw mill blades are thick
              Last edited by toolaholic; 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: PLEASE HELP WITH THE URL IF U CAN

Comment

here you go tool

didn't see anything for bandsaw blades, but here is the one you were looking for.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  here you go tool

didn't see anything for bandsaw blades, but here is the one you were looking for.

rick.
                  Thanks Rick, lucas Mill has a circular blade. I got 2 big redwoods,Next week I get a 40' doug fir 40 plus inches at the butt

Comment

OK so you get the new teeth brazed back on the blade, (how you going to sharpen them), the machine for sharpening carbide teeth is not cheap, I use to do all my own steel blades and then they were coming out with carbide teeth and said no way on spending that kind of money for a proper tooth sharpener machine, on a carbide tooth you form the shape the face and the sides of the tooth to its desired shape, after brazing on a new tooth,
                    unlike on a old steel blade you either hit the face or the back of it to form the tooth after setting it correctly, (which you still do if your just touching it up).
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      OK so you get the new teeth brazed back on the blade, (how you going to sharpen them), the machine for sharpening carbide teeth is not cheap, I use to do all my own steel blades and then they were coming out with carbide teeth and said no way on spending that kind of money for a proper tooth sharpener machine, on a carbide tooth you form the shape the face and the sides of the tooth to its desired shape, after brazing on a new tooth,
                      unlike on a old steel blade you either hit the face or the back of it to form the tooth after setting it correctly, (which you still do if your just touching it up).
                      This is My friends Lucas Saw Mill. He has the sharpening grinder set up. When You hit a nail with 27 H.P.. You need new teeth!

Comment

i would think that the teeth are already sharpened and pretinned.

couldn't you get by with a die grinder or dremel and diamond wheel.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          This is My friends Lucas Saw Mill. He has the sharpening grinder set up. When You hit a nail with 27 H.P.. You need new teeth!
                          you may want to see if there are other grades of carbie teeth that may take the nails better, (I know they make a lot of carbide steel cutting blades and tools), but not up on all the grades and the applications for each.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                          X