watermain leak slab on grade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watermain leak slab on grade

So got a call today can hear water running in wall, previous client who is out of country. This is her rental house drop what im doing head over as qquickly as possible get there find a hot water tank in a closet with washer and dryer pull out washing machine to find small hole with main shutoff valve located inside turn valve off still hear water roaring beneath me two pex lines runnin under slab in pvc conduit. Main line series 160 municipal service with muni adaptor barried in concreate signs of leaks on both sides of shutoff "poor workmenship". Anyways put copper pipe to inlet side of valve water sounds like it roaring nothing else is running pretty obvious problem is under slab now i talk to tenant and establish they have electric infloor heating phone local electrition he did job about 17 yrs ago or so rough guess. Now small house water main comes in about 6 feet away from exterior wall. My plan is to dig up from the service 65' ish and use my hilti t 60 to drill a hole on a 60 degree ish hole 3" in from exterior of slab electrion keeps cables 6" off of exterior curb so safe to drill hes coming to look tommorow with me dig new service run under footing. Or where ever two feet below grade gets me... Slab on grade is very rare here.. any of you guys ran into similer situations... Any advise as always would be greatly appreciated.. apologize for my poor grammer and spelling ect.. thanks seanny.
    Last edited by seanny deep; 01-04-2012, 01:46 AM.

Re: watermain leak slab on grade

A couple of years ago, we had to core bore a series of 3" holes in the deck of a plaza with a snow melt system, an irrigation system, sprinkler system, rebar, electrical and communications conduits and come out in the parking garage below between support columns and beams. We had a company with ground penetrating radar come out and map all the obstructions for us prior to us drilling any holes. We never hit anything. GPR gives you a 3D image of what is below where you want to penetrate. It's not cheap, but you can excavate with confidence once you know where the obstructions are.
    Last edited by killavolt; 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Talked to électrition today and went for it turned breaker off first of course but managed to miss cables replace main and found a drywall screw that had just punctured a pex line 17 years ago tip rotted off and a pin hole leak. Anyways renter has water and landlord can go back to enjoying her vacation. Plumber can get a good night sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
        Plumber can get a good night sleep.
        and a paycheck!

Comment

Working...
        X