Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water pressure reducing valves

Wilkins, then Watts.
    Never Apollo-while they come with two unions, they are twice the price at our supply house.
    Check the O ring and don't forget the MIPs.

Comment

Morning Guys. Apologies in advance for possibly being asleep at the wheel. Is there a big push for Lead Free going on in the States. We have heard very little down here, not surprising though. We have recently had Rehau stop supplying some of the brass fittings for composite with little explaination. As far as PRV I prefer Wilkins for most situations. We have another manufacturer here called AVG(Australian Valve Group) but dont know where they have valves made, money is on Shanghai though. These are good for the smaller valves we put on hot water services and dishwashers. Also forgot to mention the Kiwi valve, APEX. Not bad to use too.

Comment

I always like bruckmann regulators,
        they were the first to come out with the replacement cartridge to rebuild unit
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
          I always like bruckmann regulators,
          they were the first to come out with the replacement cartridge to rebuild unit
          i did too. problem is honeywell braukmann is not making a lead free regulator and therefore is not sold in calif.

the braukmann had a nice double union that would fit in place of the wilkins 600 and even use their existing single union.

i use to work for the person who was responsible for bringing this regulator to market.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Watts 25 aub every time. I carry 2-3 of them and they don't ride around very long. 99% of my jobs are direct swap outs. Usually one of my easier (profitable) jobs.

David

Comment

Working...
            X