Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Condemned a tub today ...

I Condemned a tub today

Realtor called me to give an estimate to "repair" a fiberglass tub , NOT !

has a fist sized damage area when pushing on tub within 18" of that damage , crackling sound

I'm calling her Monday ... Tub shot !

anyone ever fix these in place ? 41 x 71 Garden tub ... Drop in

Re: I Condemned a tub today ...

Heck, you didn't even need to go to the store to fix that! Just grab some tinfoil from the kitchen and a tube of anything sticky and you could have made exactly the fix that realtor deserves for even asking.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

As a former job site super, I do not call the plumber to repair damage in fiberglass or in any sort of shower/sink/bathtub unless I decided to replace it. Otherwise I would call my guy that could fix almost anything by spraying it or patching fiberglass. I have no suggestions who to call but your local plumbing supply house more than likely does, as I am sure they have needed that persons services before. If they have no ideas, ask the rep for one of your favorite tub manufacturers, they for sure have the name of somebody. I reckon the repair you need will be in the $3-600 range based on my previous experience signing the bills because of idiots.

The one thing that is dand near impossible to fix is the texture on the floor of a tub/shower. Goof that up in a home with a picky customer, you are done, might as well open your wallet now.
      Last edited by masterbeavis; 01-14-2012, 08:24 PM.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I can fix it but it will cost more than the replacement of that tub

Comment

The only time i hear garden tub.
          There is a trailer involved

Comment

We get the manufacture to fix almost anything on those . On tract jobs the plumber doesent even have to set the tub its done by the manufacture we just hook it up . they fix all the damage for us I never tried touch up or repair

Comment

Working...
            X