Dissolved Oxygen in Hot Water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolved Oxygen in Hot Water

Please refresh my memory. What is the cause of dissolved/diffused oxygen in the hot water. Water looks milky but it's just air bubbles. Is it the aerator or something to do with the water heater. I'm just remembering back as someone has asked me about it recently.

Assuming the dissolved oxygen is not related to the water source or distribution system it could be a fixture aerator.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Dissolved Oxygen in Hot Water

Sorry, I hit the wrong button.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In the back of My memory, sediment in the bottom of Your water heater ? I flush Mine 10 Minutes once a Year. Hope a Pro will jump in .
      I have that great Lil. Water heater book. Will check it later.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ok. This link pretty much explains it all. http://fwid.org/images/Why_is_My_Water_Cloudy2.pdf
        Basically, Cold water and water under pressure hold more dissolved air. Our water is especially cold here in the winter. Heated water and/or the release of pressure will cause the air to separate from the water. The air is released partially released in the water heater as it heats up but it is still under pressure. The air gets full emancipation as it exits the faucet spout.
        Presto Chango!
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X