Re: 24 below zero this morning

Seriously I don't know how you guys could work all day up north
    Do you have a too cold today extra charge

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      Seriously I don't know how you guys could work all day up north
      Do you have a too cold today extra charge

Not really, I just have a too cold aint going to work day, like today. I have to keep the van in my insulated garage, but no heat. I also have to warm up the van for almost a half hour to warm up all my tools and fitting, pipe, etc. Chit don't work when it's 30 below. I really don't dress any warmer, just a light jacket and hat. I'm in and out of homes quick. Just sucks running in and out to get extra parts in my short sleeve shirt while I'm working and sweating, got to do if fast . Today I could throw a hot glass of water up in the air and it would vaporize instantly. Cool stuff really.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Pipestone, you got those old bones of yours thawed out yet? Regular heat wave down here, -3 this morning.
        Not only are they thawed out, but they scrambled into the car and I am on my way to Cactusman's country!! Gonna strap on the old Colt and take care of those varmints in Tombstone!

Comment

i made the mistake years ago in jackson hole wyoming -40 about not drying your hair after showering and going outside

we had 8 busses there for a week of skiing from calif. it was so cold that the busses batteries were splitting. they finally just let the busses idle all night long after that. even the air brakes needed to be thawed with a road flare.

this was the same trip that the fountains in vegas froze over. la to vegas to salt lake to jackson hole for the week and then back. 27 hours by charted bus including the dinner and breakfast stops with high school and college kids. 2 years in a row as a chaperon.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            Not only are they thawed out, but they scrambled into the car and I am on my way to Cactusman's country!! Gonna strap on the old Colt and take care of those varmints in Tombstone!
            So your solution to the cold is just like a Wisconsin Democrat, get in the car and run away. Bring some of that warmer weather back with you will ya?
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              So your solution to the cold is just like a Wisconsin Democrat, get in the car and run away. Bring some of that warmer weather back with you will ya?
              Where am I going to find enough Wisconsin Republicans in Arizona to give me all that hot air??

Comment

Why did you bother having your battle for independence as you have stuck to the British imperial measuring system where the rest of the world has dumped it

Tony

Comment

At least we still don't insist in driving on the wrong side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    Why did you bother having your battle for independence as you have stuck to the British imperial measuring system where the rest of the world has dumped it

Tony
                    It was a freely made choice that free Americans made.

(The majority of the population couldn't be persuaded to learn something new.)
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      It was a freely made choice that free Americans made.

(The majority of the population couldn't be persuaded to learn something new.)
                      Australia thought the same when we changed all those years ago especially we the older ones lme included but the younger generations know nothing else and I find it easyer I notice all the movies made in the US the actors speak in metric why not emperial it must be difficult for your exporters and industry having to convert to metric to deal with the rest of the world.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X