You Try then it bites you ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Try then it bites you ...

Customer called me out for clogged sewer ...

I told her she had a bad field ... ( I need no money ) call the septic guy

She had the phone book open and said who should I call "I want my line snaked"
    I said I'll do it but it won't help ... So Went out there cleaned the whole thing to the tank inlet ... and left ... Daughter calls and goes nuts ...

I said I'll come out Monday and check tank outlet at no charge ...

What's You guys .02 ? .....

Re: You Try then it bites you ...

First of all I would have wrote a book on my invoice detailing everything and had the customer initial and sign it. CYA!!! That way there would be no misunderstanding, and then you could have told the daughter to go fly a kite if she didn't "get it".

Comment

When i go out to the country i clean like you up to the tank.
      If its full or not working they need to call the septic man , its understood and should be expected

Comment

When it rains heavy, It seems like everybody's septic stops working around my neighborhood. The septic company will tell everyone that the groundwater is high and to wait it out, nothing is wrong with their system. If you get pumped with high ground water, I have been told that the tank can "pop up" out of the ground because it is buoyant enough empty to do so. Talk about a rude awakening if that were to happen!
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

First of all, I hope you explained to the daughter that you had discussed this extensively with her mother and that if there was a problem you needed to speak to the person who you originally discussed the problem with and who had agreed, actually demanded, that the line be snaked.

Then, I would tell her I originally told her mother that snaking wouldn't help so she should call the septic man, and since she didn't follow your advice and it turns out you were right then she now has two options:
          1. Call the septic guy now and let him make the diagnosis and perform his obviously needed services, or
          2. Pay you another service call to come out and show her that she needs to call a septic man.
          If she had followed your advice the first time she would have been taken care of, as most of us pumpers carry jetters or other line cleaning equipment on our trucks. If your pumper doesn't offer that service, then he might have referred the line cleaning back to you.

And for the future, establish a working relationship with a pumper/septic company you trust. That way if another call like this comes in you can take the call and then if necessary tell your customer that "we" have to pump your tank and do further diagnosis. That way you're not left out in the cold.

Comment

Recent pump out She said it was good for a few days ...

I Need to carry a job ticket for Customers to sign off on ...

also She said there was a water leak in a closet ... Checked that out NO Leak ... Water heater nearby ... Dry as a bone ...

So Monday will be a freebie .... no problem hopefully that's it ...

Comment

Working...
            X