Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: The movie titled "The descendants" is pratty much a downer!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: The movie titled "The descendants" is pratty much a downer!!!

Here's a Minnesota plumber looking out for all plumbers everywhere. Just so no other plumber has to go through what I did I'm willing to share a horrible experience I had tonight.

My sister called and asked if I wanted to go see a movie with her. She was going alone so I thought I would go along if the movie was OK. The movie she wanted to see is called "The Descendants" starring George Clooney. The trailer made it look almost like a fairly serious movie but with a healthy dose of comedy.

OMG! The trailer was very deceptive imho. So deceptive I feel violated. The movie was so depressing! After dealing with piping all day I want to see something amusing and light hearted maybe even stupid but definitely not serious and a bummer.

If you like movies that are a downer then hey... Good luck.

If you go you're going to be bummed out.

See Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows or the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo instead. Neither of them are downers.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: OT: The movie titled "The descendants" is pratty much a downer!!!

Life has very serious moments.
    I admire those who can simultaneously keep light of heart while helping others navigate through trauma.
    I found myself laughing my azz off at this movie.

I know where your coming from though.
    Years ago myself and my girlfriend at the time walked out of "Terms Of Endearment"

Comment

Re: OT: The movie titled "The descendants" is pratty much a downer!!!

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Life has very serious moments.
      I admire those who can simultaneously keep light of heart while helping others navigate through trauma.
      I found myself laughing my azz off at this movie.

I know where your coming from though.
      Years ago myself and my girlfriend at the time walked out of "Terms Of Endearment"
      Well dirty I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Our theater was fairly quiet on the laugh front. The poor guy sitting next to me kept groaning and muttering.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
      X