Wholesale Supplier Vs. Bog Box KOHLER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesale Supplier Vs. Bog Box KOHLER

Can you guys give me info I can Quote to support the "higher Quality at the wholesaler"

KOHLER Cimmeron ...
    Last edited by NoeEttica; 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM.

Re: Wholesale Supplier Vs. Bog Box KOHLER

I don't think you can win trying to compare. A few months back I had a custumer that wanted to buy the trim from a box store. I explained to them there was a big differance between what I would buy and what they could get. So the people emailed Moen, asking what the differances would be. Here is Moen's reponse.

Dear Valued Moen Customer,

Thank you for your interest and support of Moen products. We apologize you have not received the email we sent on 4/15/11.

If I understood your email correctly, you are seeking advice on plumber supplied faucets v’s retail store supplied faucets. Both faucets contain plastic innards.

The only major difference between the two (assuming it’s the same model number) is that the box it comes in will be different. The wholesale model will come in a plain blue and white box. The retail comes in a more colorful box that has color pictures etc.

The retail model (depending on the model) may come with a soap dispenser, whereas the same model supplied from a wholesaler usually doesn't.

Whether the model is purchased from a plumber or from a retail store, we apply our limited lifetime warranty to each.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Should you have any further questions, you may contact us by email (moenwebmail@moen.com) or phone at 1-800-BUY-MOEN (1-800-289-6636) or visit our website at www.moen.com. Our business hours are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday EST. In our continued effort to assist you in the future, we ask that you please retain your original receipt for all warranty claims.
    Last edited by gopher; 01-24-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I recently had a customer come up with a Kohler "all in one box" Highline toilet that never should have made it past QC. Warping and finish issues like I've never seen before.

Comment

I usually tell them it comes with my one year warrenty if smethig I supply "faucets ect" is defective its on my dime. If they supply it their payig me to come fix it or change it out. That's all it usually takes

Comment

I installed a new peerless for a customer last week (they supplied) dripped right out of the box .... They were amazed that if I had supplied it it would have been covered ... LOL

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
          I usually tell them it comes with my one year warrenty if smethig I supply "faucets ect" is defective its on my dime. If they supply it their payig me to come fix it or change it out. That's all it usually takes

Comment

don't care where you get a kohler. it's all junk.

since when did kohler farm out their 1 pc. 1.6gpf to china.

just had to repair one this week i couldn't even get my auger through. pulled the toilet to find a recess within the horn that becomes a catch all.

they can't even design a toilet seat without issues.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I don't use Kohler toilets much but I can't see there being a difference if you buy it wholesale or retail. It's still the same toilet. I agree with others about the warranty though. No guarantee for anything supplied from the customer.
              I always tell my customers this UP FRONT so there will be no issues if I install their fixture. I normally stock faucets and a toilet on the van so that when theirs leaks right away I can change it out while I'm there, for an extra charge of course. What do they expect???

Comment

I do not warranty items that someone else buys. If it's too cheap I won't even install it, or at the very least I warn the customer of the potential extra costs. Most big name products are manufactured cheaper for the big box retailers is a approach I use.

David

Comment

Working...
                X