X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propress advice?

So back to thinking i need * propress. Had * client call about * significant repipe wants it done in copper ugly crawl space defietly not keen on saudering and once its in my repatore and paid for its just another option so my questions are as follows.. do i buy ridgid? What other professional options are their? Do i buy cordless or is corded okay? "slightly worried if not in constant use will batterys drain? How well do they work in the cold? Mostly do residential is the rp220b bye ridgid the better choice or is the 330 better so if i get a large job i can just purchase heads later? How much bigger and more awkwad is the 330 i knw when ordering drain machines i ordered the k 750 thinking ij could do big and small "bad idea ". I know i could buy used but i prefer new on bigger ticket items just for warrenty sake. Any advise is extreamly appreciated.. what tool do you have are you happy? Thanks seanny

Re: propress advice?

most of my local supply houses rent the units for less than $20 a day. Its hard to justify buying with an option like that.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

My supply house in over 100 km eachway So with gas and time hardly worth it plus i do alot of service as in get up start truck and be on my way So rather just grab it. Thanks thou.

Comment

i would go with the 210b. it only comes in battery for the small unit up to 1.25''.

the 330 is a great tool but bigger and more money. for under house crawls, i would go small and not the larger unit unless it's 1.5'' and larger.

i have an abundance of machines new and used if interested.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Definetly interested Rick tried private messageing You but your box is full Whats thé best way to inquire ? Thanks seanny

Comment

I'm definetly with Rick on this. The 220 is great machine, light, compact (even more than the 100b). We only press copper and use this machine 99% of the time. I have the 330 which is great but heavier and bulkier, but a must have if your doing anything above 1-1/4". Would be a biatch to take under crawl space although I have when it was my only machine.

Guess it all depends on what you're doing and how much $$ you want to spent. I bought the 330 first because I figured well if I only buy one machine right now I want the one that does it all. Then I bought the 220 about 6 months later. Was very happy with the purchase. After using the 330 exclusively for 6 months the 220 was like a featherweight machine.
            Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
            Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

at first i assumed seanny just mixed up the numbers on the 210 and called it a 220

but ray, you own one and then i thought what, i don't own a 220 propress

so i had to see what i was missing.

guys, it's a 210-b.

the 220 hasn't been invented yet, or has it

i can always use an 11th machine

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/RP210B-P...l/EN/index.htm
              rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i would go with the smaller cordless tool
                we have both and we use the smaller one more ,and it also sits for months with out using it . it sits in the shop so it is not in the cold where the cold will kill the battery's when they sit for a long time . as far as it working in the cold i never had a problem but i dont keep it in the cold all day
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                X