Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Heater Automatic Blowdown Valve

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    You're the one looking for help!
    Yes, but I know the difference between a T&P and an auto blow down Thus sending you on your Google Journey for the greater good of all General Contractors / Handymen /Wood Butchers / Part time Plumbers...
    Last edited by OkieBill; 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Okie, you should check out "webstone", as they have a bazillion different valve combinations.
      Check out their Hydro-core line and click on product overview. They show a valve combination for descaling boilers.
      Webstone Company, Inc.
      Last edited by Flux; 01-26-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Would it be way too much effort, if he is that worried about "blowing down" his water heater, to put a ball valve, on the heater drain, & pipe it over to a drain, & do this manually? Any other rig you try to to put in there, that is automatic, smells like a potential flood to me. Heck will a floor drain, even handle a 3/4" drain discharge, coming out at full pressure? Can you imagine if the electric valve sticks open, or debris get in there. Seen it happen to automatic blow offs on compressed air systems, many times.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Yes, but I know the difference between a T&P and an auto blow down Thus sending you on your Google Journey for the greater good of all General Contractors / Handymen /Wood Butchers / Part time Plumbers...
          No need to get Your pantys in a bunch Okee. Fool on a fools errand!
          Last edited by toolaholic; 01-27-2012, 12:24 AM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
            Would it be way too much effort, if he is that worried about "blowing down" his water heater, to put a ball valve, on the heater drain, & pipe it over to a drain, & do this manually? Any other rig you try to to put in there, that is automatic, smells like a potential flood to me. Heck will a floor drain, even handle a 3/4" drain discharge, coming out at full pressure? Can you imagine if the electric valve sticks open, or debris get in there. Seen it happen to automatic blow offs on compressed air systems, many times.
            While the customer is at it, he might as well throw a can of squick in there or use some white vinegar. Silver King even states that with using squick, no blowdown is needed.

I don't know. I think a lot of "over thinking" is being done by the customer. He's out smarting himself I guess, but I've seen many engineers do that before.
            Last edited by Flux; 01-27-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X