Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New washer overflows standpipe, old one never !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New washer overflows standpipe, old one never !

N.Y. State, Brother in Law. 2" standpipe 39" off deck. Suggested rodding 2" line with top gun. Maybe main has a little sludge too. On septic. Everything else drains fine. Do new machine pumps put out much faster ? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: New washer overflows standpipe, old one never !

yep, new machines pump out with a vengeance!

Comment

This is why code now calls for 3" Drains for washers ...

Comment

the old solution to the problem was to have it drain into a wash tub, (just keep the stopper out of the tub)
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          the old solution to the problem was to have it drain into a wash tub, (just keep the stopper out of the tub)

Here we have almost all laundry tubs. I refuse to install a stand pipe anymore and I install lot's of laundry tubs, mostly replace the old concrete ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            Here we have almost all laundry tubs. I refuse to install a stand pipe anymore and I install lot's of laundry tubs, mostly replace the old concrete ones.
            Have sledge will travel?
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              Have sledge will travel?

I used to break them up but these days I leave that job up to the customer. I'll move the old sinks out of the way but they stay in the basement when I leave.

Comment

Well all is well on Long Island. Brother Billy and Son William snaked out all the snot. 3 loads and no back up thanks all. Tool
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                  This is why code now calls for 3" Drains for washers ...
                  Not My code, 2"

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    Years ago I installed a plastic wash tub for a widow. the price, Dads hand gun still in the box,never fired. WHAT PAPERS ?

Comment

Working...
                    X