Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best garbage disposals ??

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
    Waste King mounts almost exactly the same as ISE, except easier. Has 3 screws to pull down flange,(not 1 big nut, which I totally agree, is garbage). The Waste King even comes with an ISE gasket, for connecting up to an ISE flange. This is useless to me, but I guess alot are too lazy to change the sink flange, when your putting in a new disposal.
    Not the ones I've ever removed. Plastic garbage. I usually don't even bother trying to take them apart. Cordless sawzall right through the black plastic, OR I just pull and the entire damn thing just comes out.
    http://www.waveplumbing.com/store/im...NG1001_LRG.jpg

Comment

Thats the old style. This is new style.

Comment

barnett has a good sale on ise evo compacts right now... $169 or something.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I've only seen 1 waste king in my career, and had to rip it out cause it caught fire. Never seen that happen before with a disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Also ones to stay away from
            I only used ISE for years, never had any problems with them on the disposals.

The Compact Pro was the one I used the most by far...very very quiet, grinds well, and never had someone call me back for a jam to date.

Of course a few clogged drains from customers abusing it... even after the ten minute lecture I give each one about the proper usage of them on the initial install.

I can't really say what ones to stay away from, but I've removed a bunch of other brands that always seemed like very cheaply made products.

Comment

ISE only for us. We stock them (1/2 and 3/4 hp) in our vans.

David

Comment

Not saying Waste Kings are better than ISE, I just think ISE is over priced, & most customers just want something that works, & has a descent warranty. I can buy a 5yr warranty 1/2 HP WK, for as much as a Badger 5. I still carry a Badger 1 & 5 in my truck, but I sell alot more, & make a bit more on the WK, & haven't had a problem yet.

I know the old WK ones were junk, & I thought the same thing when my supply house started pushing them, but I been using them now for a little over a year, with good luck. I like that the cord is installed, & included in the price. And as I said, it fastens to sink, very similar to ISE. Don't have that big nut anymore.

And I don't like change much. I still hate pex.

Comment

Does anyone remember "National" garbage disposals? That was a good machine.I ran into one a couple of weeks ago,almost 40 years old and still working.I think Kitchen Aid bought them out 20 years ago or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauvil View Post
                    Does anyone remember "National" garbage disposals? That was a good machine.I ran into one a couple of weeks ago,almost 40 years old and still working.I think Kitchen Aid bought them out 20 years ago or so.
                    Them things used to grind up dinasour bones, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                      Them things used to grind up dinasour bones, right?
                      Yes,sadly the dinosaurs died out with the National disposal,paving the way for mammals to evolve and invent insinkerator.

Comment

Hello Rick. I'm Jackie with InSinkErator Customer Relations. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Our customer’s experience with our products is very important to InSinkErator and I'd like the opportunity to further discuss your concerns. Please send me an email at insinkeratorfeedback@emerson.com with your direct contact information and the best time to reach you by phone. I look forward to hearing from you!

Comment

Personally I think the best garbage disposal is the waste basket. Garbage belongs in the trash not pipes.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Personally I think the best garbage disposal is the waste basket. Garbage belongs in the trash not pipes.
                            Do you know that garbage disposals, were originally invented, so that food was not put out into the garbage cans outside, which then could attract rats, mice, cockroaches, or other verment.

I don't know for sure if they still enforce it, cuz I haven't had the issue pop up in quite a few years, but a few cities around here required disposals, whether you wanted one or not. Cuz people don't know how to properly dispose left over food materials. If we didn't have disposals, there would be an infestation of bugs, & rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                              I agree,I don't use a disposal in my own home,however,stopped up drains are my bread and butter.

Comment

Compost heap!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X