Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best garbage disposals ??

Originally posted by A.Hagen View Post
    Hello Rick. I'm Jackie with InSinkErator Customer Relations. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Our customer’s experience with our products is very important to InSinkErator and I'd like the opportunity to further discuss your concerns. Please send me an email at insinkeratorfeedback@emerson.com with your direct contact information and the best time to reach you by phone. I look forward to hearing from you!
    thanks, check your email.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for all Your help. Picked up a badger 5 at the supply house for $85.00. It's I.S. and affordable !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The Badger 5 is the workhorse. There are thousands installed every week. They have a no-hassel 2 year warranty, and in my experience, echoed by most of the guys I know, is that the failure rate inside the 2 years is almost nil. The average life is 5 to 10 years. Certainly at 10 years old, the motor may still be running but the grind chamber is long shot. Do your drains a favor and replace at 5 to 8 year point.

Of course they are not warranted against abuse, which is what kills them. They do not chop bones, spoons, celery, etc!!!!!!

Comment

Celery ???????
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Celery and potatoes. badddd. Potatoes good for service call though.
            Last edited by fresnoplummr; 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM. Reason: add on.

Comment

Not sure if it is "best" but we had an old ISE (Badger 1?) that was almost 18 years old when it started leaking. It was internal, so I suspect the top seal. I think that's a pretty good life for a cheap GD that came with the house.

Replaced it with the Evolution Essential which is surprisingly quiet and dampens vibration quite well.

Comment

Working...
              X