Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best garbage disposals ??

Also ones to stay away from
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Best garbage disposals ??

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Also ones to stay away from
    I'll only sell ISE. Stay away from ALL the rest.

Comment

I abuse the ISE in my house and it has never been a problem, I am sold on them.

Comment

Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

ISE is the best, and it's not even close!

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            C'mon now, when it ABSOLUTLEY has to be eaten overnight!
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

ISE only here too!!!
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

ISE great ...

Whirlaway SUCKS !!!!

Comment

Just started using Waste King about a yr ago, due to ISE being too pricey. I like them so far, & they offer better warranty, & come with cord attached.

Comment

although ise makes the best and most popular disposals, thy are also the most expensive.

but a word of caution. while we're talking about ise. stay far far away from their overpriced instant hot water dispensers that not only are junk, but guaranteed to leak and wipe out your cabinets.

just look at the reviews on amazon and see for yourself. apparently ise customer service is clueless to what i and thousands of others have to say.

sorry emerson, but the truth needs to be known.

waste king/ aneheim manufacturing makes a top of the line instant hot for less than 1/2 the price of the ise unit with great reviews and i've installed dozens of their units.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I went through 3 ISE instant hot water dispensers in my own house, in less than 5yrs. I put this big flat tupperware bowl, in cabinet, under the tank, & would look under there, almost every day, to check for water leak. Had to replace many at my customers houses too, that were not very old. Now they have stainless steel tanks, & I haven't had any issues.... yet. But ISE is still way too expensive. Like Rick said, Waste King is half the price, & just as good, if not better.

I can get a Waste King 1/2 HP disposal, w/ 5yr warrany for about $100. 3/4 HP w/10yr warranty for $150, & 1HP w/life time warranty for $200. Heck I think that Evolution was so much, that I didn't feel I could mark it up much, to make it worthwhile. And all Waste King disposals, come with cord attached.

Comment

I go with ISE , They are pricey and i cant mark them up much
                        I like the fact that once its mounted your done..
                        meaning you dint have to re tighten the flange, like i have too every time i get under a sink with a disposal that mounts with one big nut

Comment

the hot dispenser issue is not just from the plastic tank, but also from the older copper tank and newest stainless tank.

the issue is with an internal hose used for expansion and venting. the plastic is not lasting and is cracking due to the heat. so basically a 10 cent hose ruins a $200.+ heater and $$$ cabinet.

what amazes me is that ise claims they're not aware of it yet i have stripped out dozens of them at my shop and see them first hand.

i refuse to recommend or buy anymore of the ise units. they're overpriced and guaranteed to leak.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                            I go with ISE , They are pricey and i cant mark them up much
                            I like the fact that once its mounted your done..
                            meaning you dint have to re tighten the flange, like i have too every time i get under a sink with a disposal that mounts with one big nut
                            Waste King mounts almost exactly the same as ISE, except easier. Has 3 screws to pull down flange,(not 1 big nut, which I totally agree, is garbage). The Waste King even comes with an ISE gasket, for connecting up to an ISE flange. This is useless to me, but I guess alot are too lazy to change the sink flange, when your putting in a new disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                              I went through 3 ISE instant hot water dispensers in my own house, in less than 5yrs. I put this big flat tupperware bowl, in cabinet, under the tank, & would look under there, almost every day, to check for water leak. Had to replace many at my customers houses too, that were not very old. Now they have stainless steel tanks, & I haven't had any issues.... yet. But ISE is still way too expensive. Like Rick said, Waste King is half the price, & just as good, if not better.

I can get a Waste King 1/2 HP disposal, w/ 5yr warrany for about $100. 3/4 HP w/10yr warranty for $150, & 1HP w/life time warranty for $200. Heck I think that Evolution was so much, that I didn't feel I could mark it up much, to make it worthwhile. And all Waste King disposals, come with cord attached.
                              Im on number 3 in my sink. I also have a bowl to catch the occasional drip that mysteriously disappears every week. Two of them have been the new fancy stainless steel ones. Six years and $600 is enough to spend for instant hot water. Im done with ISE insta-hots

Comment

Working...
                              X