Pro 45 B Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro 45 B Fix

I actually wasn't knocking the Brasscraft valves, I was just commenting that they aren't accessible to only professionals.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Have you tried the Wolverine Brass fill valve? the plastic one. It seems they have worked out the bugs now and they offer it with a brass shank which I like. And definitely only the professional can buy them. And they're orange.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Have you notice that the flow fill rate on the PRO45 is slower compared to the ballcock fill valve just taken out. At first i thought i was imagining that the fill rate was slower but said what the heck it works and left it. Then i decided to pull out the white water restrictor out of the bottom of the PRO45 in the last few i ve done and it seems to fill better. Have you folks ever pulled out the white plastic restrictor out of the bottom or is that action just going to mess up the valve?

Comment

the plastic ones are fine. it's the older rubber ones that came with the kohler fluidmasters that would swell and slow the flow to a dribble. removing them would solve the problem. eventually fluidmaster designed the newer plastic flow restrictor.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I'm kind of happy with the restricted flow. The old FM's would shoot so hard that sometimes the flappers would not drop.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X