X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New Orleans oddities

My wife and I just returned from a few days in New Orleans. (Our 1st vacation in five years!)

It is pure coincidence that Mardi Gras was going on while we were there so we attended several parades and caught some beads thrown. (No flashing required). I want to state that whatever you have heard about mardi gras is understated. Mark Twain once said something like.... you haven't experienced all of America untill you have experienced Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I'm inclined to agree.

While in town we saw some interesting things a few of which I thought I would share here.

First I saw a VERY cool plumbing truck which amazingly the pictures vanished inside the camera I have no idea why. It was called the Plumbing Pipe Dr. With a medical symbol of the snake around the scroll or whatever the classic symbol is.

The slogan? "When the pipe doctor shows the water flows!" How great is that!!

Sadly two images of the van completely disappeared. (Maybe he was a voodoo pipe dr.)

You've all heard of the leaning tower of Piza? Well, I think I saw the leaning tree of carza. The tree was within an inch of the van!

An interesting rain downspout in the French quarter.

Lastly, in the french quarter I saw a very creative paper mache toilet (non vitreous) that dispensed beer on the street. OK. To be precise it was the vaginal area of the paper mache lady on that toilet that dispensed the beer. (I didn't have a glass with me so didn't sample the beer) This was outside a bar called "The Chart Room" if anyone is brave enough to enter. (My wife was with so we kept right on walking)
    Attached Files
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: OT: New Orleans oddities

I visited new orleans and the french quarter in early july 1976 with my first wife right before i got out of the
    u.s.a.f. It was a great visit, they even had child care in the area for parents with small children
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Re: OT: New Orleans oddities

Was in N.O. about 10 or so years ago with my wife, brother, and sis-in-law. We were waking down Bourbon street one night (about 8:30) and two "ladies of the night" came up to the four of us and propositioned us! Of course, we declined!!!

Comment

Working...
      X