• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice valve

Click image for larger version

Name:	bd9e01a6633ebf0b026b2cced5efc811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	16052Had to share this one with the forum. Had lunch today at a local restaurant and this is what I found. Do they expect me to turn on the valve to flush?
    It's a hose bib with a piece of hose going into the urinal. Sort of clever isn't it?

Re: Nice valve

Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post

ID:	16052Had to share this one with the forum. Had lunch today at a local restaurant and this is what I found. Do they expect me to turn on the valve to flush?
      It's a hose bib with a piece of hose going into the urinal. Sort of clever isn't it?
      I'd have to fail it...no air gap.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

"There is a fine line between clever and stupid"

Comment

I could see this happening in a private restroom for a store or something but not for a PUBLIC RESTROOM in a restaurant. I would think that most people would not use the valve and it would become unsanitary. I'm surprised the health department would allow it.

Comment

I'm surprised the health department would allow it.
            Sometimes it's all about who you know. Here in Cali, restaurants are required to post a piece of paper stating whether or not they passed their last health inspection or not. You can have a couple of certain kinds of corrections and still receive a passing grade.. Judging from the ring left by the old escuteon ring, that "fix" has not been there forever, and could have been done since the last inspection??
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

So, do they supply a box of rubber gloves for turning the thing on and off?
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

how about the black steel thread protector coupling

when work is done in house by the employees, it doesn't shock me to see stuff like this.

hopefully they are better cooks than plumbers and they wash their hands before returning to the kitchen

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

It is better than throwing a bag of ice in the urinal!!

Comment

They should of put a hose wye fitting in there, so you could wash your hands right there too. 1 stop shop.

Comment

I might be interested in taking a ride up to see this newfangled plumbing. Care to share the name of this fine establishment and the town it's in? (I couldn't eat there of course... )
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

What's the problem? Used those for years!

The little green handle is flush water, and the big lever on the right opens the 4" ball valve to let the waste out.

Comment

Working...
                        X