X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another water heat dissection

This time an instahot. This in the 2nd one I've run up on that leaks in this manner-from the outlet fitting-not the hose. To be honest, that's my best guess from the stains on the tank. Also, there is very little delay from the time they would turn the water on till it actually started coming out of the spout. It was manufactured in Nov. of 2007.
    The 1st pic is the whole tank
    2nd is the top peeled back (on of the nuts and torx screw had rusted so badly I couldn't get it off.)
    3rd is the inside of the bottom
    4th is the inside of the top (the white outlet fitting is pressed in and turns freely. That's where I believe the leaks originate from.) How do you like that diptube?
    5th is a close up of the element.
    6th and 7th are of the older model and the defective tube
    8th is even older still. Inlet on the bottom, outlet at the top. An oldie but goodie.
    I've left out any pics of the plastic tanks which were worthless and smelled after a short while.
    Attached Files
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Another water heat dissection

Ah, it didn't post the last photo. I guess there were too many. Here it is.
    Attached Files
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Rick??????????

Comment

as i've mentioned before, the insinkerator instant hot is a guaranteed leak and i personally don't recommend them anymore. the price is way to high for the convenience of instant hot. for what you pay for a replacement tank with no faucet you can buy 2 microwaves and heat your own water for the next 20 years. then there is the ever leaking and sticky valves on the dispensers.

of the hundreds i've installed and replaced over the years, i can guarantee you they are a waste of money and will ruin your cabinets.

i don't have one for a good reason. yet i have 6 in stock for the customers who can't seem to live without them. i no longer stock the ise units.

and that rotted hose for the expansion chamber is a factory defect that they won't admit to.

last scrap run i had a 55 gallon drum of old instant hots. copper, plastic and stainless steel tanks, all junk.

just for kicks, read the reviews on amazon from real users and see what they say about their experience with ise instant hot tanks.

sorry emerson, but there's a problem and it's not being addressed by ise.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          as i've mentioned before, the insinkerator instant hot is a guaranteed leak and i personally don't recommend them anymore. the price is way to high for the convenience of instant hot. for what you pay for a replacement tank with no faucet you can buy 2 microwaves and heat your own water for the next 20 years. then there is the ever leaking and sticky valves on the dispensers.

of the hundreds i've installed and replaced over the years, i can guarantee you they are a waste of money and will ruin your cabinets.

i don't have one for a good reason. yet i have 6 in stock for the customers who can't seem to live without them. i no longer stock the ise units.

and that rotted hose for the expansion chamber is a factory defect that they won't admit to.

last scrap run i had a 55 gallon drum of old instant hots. copper, plastic and stainless steel tanks, all junk.

just for kicks, read the reviews on amazon from real users and see what they say about their experience with ise instant hot tanks.

sorry emerson, but there's a problem and it's not being addressed by ise.

rick.
          Calling InSinkErator Customer Relations, Jackie are you there? Sounds like Rick needs an attitude adjustment.

Comment

Working...
          X