X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casper shower drain removal

Ive run into a " Casper Machinists California " Labeled Shower Drain. It threads in. There are no notches inside of it to get a tool on. I will of course go saw and chisel on it if I have to, but would rather not. It is attached to a roof covered shower unit , that is of course directly over a roof covered shower unit. Making it tight to get in between from below . On another forum somebody had said the flange was attached at factory to fiber glass and seal was made from underside and the reason for no notches inside is they didnt want you trying it.

That cant be true can it?

Thanks for your help and ideas.

TK

Re: Casper shower drain removal

A picture would help but it sounds like you are trying to remove a flange which has a nut installed from the bottom before the plumber (not the factory) installs the shower. If so you have a standard installation for a plastic or fiberglass shower.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

From what I can see below it looks stand Oatey style. The pvc has the 4 nubs accross from each other and i can feel the threads on the inside of the drain cup from above . It definately threads inside not outside as in your pic.

Thanks for the help Ill get a picture up .

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
        From what I can see below it looks stand Oatey style. The pvc has the 4 nubs accross from each other and i can feel the threads on the inside of the drain cup from above . It definately threads inside not outside as in your pic.

Thanks for the help Ill get a picture up .

Are you sure it is not a no-caulk?

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

A shot in the dark.With a 4" grinder Notch 2 sides opposite each other. Place an elec. wire nail stopper plate in notches. Rotate with pipe wrench. Good luck.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X