X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little before and after

Love how they were feeding an 1 1/4" line through a 1/2" sediment faucet, then thru a 1/2" pex quarter turn valve. Commercial job. Some tradesmen have no sense of pride or shame. And yes I did zip strap the wire off the meter before I left the job.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ea0bdf07b71b2ed1da8ab4ce3f8a58aa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	16184

Name:	28e9d398e8ce3e86fbf55502556471bd.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	16185

Re: a little before and after

Well that was one way to make Pex look like crap.....good job cleaning up that....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I love pex, it's done so much for the trade
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        I love pex, it's done so much for the trade
        You are so right, a can of glue, a hackit up saw, two fists full of sharkbites and Ur all a plumber. Thanks whore depot and blowes.
        WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
        ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
          Love how they were feeding an 1 1/4" line through a 1/2" sediment faucet, then thru a 1/2" pex quarter turn valve. Commercial job. Some tradesmen have no sense of pride or shame. And yes I did zip strap the wire off the meter before I left the job.

Name:	ea0bdf07b71b2ed1da8ab4ce3f8a58aa.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	16184

Name:	28e9d398e8ce3e86fbf55502556471bd.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	16185

It looks like it takes a little copper to clean up a lotta PEX.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
            You are so right, a can of glue, a hackit up saw, two fists full of sharkbites and Ur all a plumber. Thanks whore depot and blowes.
            Chauncey, An old Navy pal called me last night and told me he wants me to teach him to solder and how to install a water heater. I live in Minnesota and he lives in Arizona. He mentioned that he wants to concentrate on installing water heaters. I asked him about a plumbing license. He said any plumbing job that costs under $1000.00 in Arizona doesn't require a plumbing license. Essentially the same thing is also true for electrical work he said. The only thing different is the amount of money required before a license is required.

What are they thinking out there?

So in Arizona all you need is to show up and you're a plumber!!

Comment

I can see this work has been done by a pro keep up the good work

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                Chauncey, An old Navy pal called me last night and told me he wants me to teach him to solder and how to install a water heater. I live in Minnesota and he lives in Arizona. He mentioned that he wants to concentrate on installing water heaters. I asked him about a plumbing license. He said any plumbing job that costs under $1000.00 in Arizona doesn't require a plumbing license. Essentially the same thing is also true for electrical work he said. The only thing different is the amount of money required before a license is required.

What are they thinking out there?

So in Arizona all you need is to show up and you're a plumber!!
                That's hard to believe. Every $1500 plumbing job, could turn into 2 seperate $750 jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
                  Oh how true it is. In striving for better ways of doing things we have opened up the black hole of dodgey hacks making it easier for them to misrepresent the Industry. Also the old talents are not being taught to our apprentices. When they face the unknown, they brick it. Sure we need to go forward but we should never forget what we were taught in the past. Not everything modern today is better than yesteryear...............!!!

Comment

I was recently on a service call where a buyer's inspector required that a double trap be repaired under a kitchen sink. The seller had bought the house, fixed it up, and is trying to flip it. He installed a new kitchen sink and disposal. The inspector got the double trap. He missed the waste outlet in the wall being 3" higher than the disposal outlet. He also missed the cold water being supplied to the dishwasher. He also missed the dishwasher waste not being looped up high. He also missed the brand new water heater installed so that the gas valve and access port to the combustion chamber was pointed at and installed 6" away from the basement foundation wall. So you could push the piezo electric button to light the pilot but if you want to ever get into the combustion chamber the heater will have to be drained, disconnected and rotated....

I wanted to take a pic of the situation for comic relief but the seller was there and I didn't want them to feel insulted. Although I did point out the problems to give him the opportunity to correct them if he so chooses. Just showing up, having some tools and new easier to install fittings doesn't make one a plumber.
                    Last edited by geno gardner; 04-14-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Back on topic.

You cleaned up that mess nicely but why was it necessary to leave that one
                      piece of pex coming from the ceiling down and turning toward the wall?
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The job really was only to install a meter. The pex was feeding a non-freeze hose bibb, and the customer was watching and instructed me just to leave it when I started to remove that part of it. I was happy to have the worst of it done, and knowing this guy it was not worth pressing the issue.

Comment

After an attack by Scar and his "thugs" make an orphan of Oscar, ... As before, this Disneynature feature will be released in conjunction with Earth Day.
                          kirkland plumbing | kirkland Plumbers | redmond plumbing | Plumbers issaquah

Comment

Working...
                          X