Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground Piercing Tools (Trenchless)

I am looking for plumbers and/or mechanical contractors willing to try out a new generation of Piercing Tools. Piercing Tools, or torpedos, are commonly used for underground trenchless construction. They are used for replacing sewer, potable water lines and more recently for conduit installation. The big benefit is that piercing saves contractors a bundle in the trenching operation. Let me know what you think of a this type of product.

I believe torpedos are a nice complement to the RIDGID line of plumbing and pipe working tools!

Elias

Re: Underground Piercing Tools (Trenchless)

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    I am looking for plumbers and/or mechanical contractors willing to try out a new generation of Piercing Tools. Piercing Tools, or torpedos, are commonly used for underground trenchless construction. They are used for replacing sewer, potable water lines and more recently for conduit installation. The big benefit is that piercing saves contractors a bundle in the trenching operation. Let me know what you think of a this type of product.

I believe torpedos are a nice complement to the RIDGID line of plumbing and pipe working tools!

Elias

Josh, what happened to the trenchless tools ridgid was working on?? I didn't know ridgid made trenchless tools, I haven't heard about them......
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

hmmm I dont think we do trenchless. Rick would know better than I. I am 99.9% sure.

Comment

I just turned away a job where the guy wanted his galvy main replaced under his lawn, but didn't want excavation...I thought about maybe renting a tool like this, but was too busy at the time to look into it.
        I'd be interested at least in having a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post

Elias
          i have the trenchless pipe bursting tools and also hydraulic piercing tools both piston pushed and pulled, and water jet blasted.

i would imagine that the one you're referring to is a pneumatic powered reciprocating "torpeado"

sign me up. i'm always up to new ideas

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I'd love to try this out, also. Please put me on your list!

Bruce

Comment

Guys you may not have noticed (other than Robert and Josh) but Elias request is 6-years old.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Elias used to work for us a long time ago. I dont think this project every took form.

Josh

Comment

Note to self: 10-05-2001, 12:40 PM

Comment

robert, why did you get the ball rolling?

normally i pick up on old post. but you guys ran with it.

does this mean i shouldn't wait for the ups truck to show

thanks robert

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Everyone-

I know i'm late to the game, but better late than never.

Piercing tools have been used extensively by the plumbing industry for a long time. It's one of many utility (gas, electric, water, CATV, etc) applications for this type of tool.

Please visit our website, www.hudcomfg.com for more information.

Call us at toll free 1-888-815-6559 and ask for me

Good Luck

Ron Corbut

Comment

It is a very old thread look at the 1st one wow, I only found it because I was using google because I just bought a ditch witch 2.25 mole that has reverse. I might point it toward the center of the earth and see how it goes,.. because it does have reverse.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                        X