Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaky koi pond kills cast iron, fish happy !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky koi pond kills cast iron, fish happy !

This is a neighbor's Eichler home with open atrium at entrance. In the atrium My customer built a beautiful Koi pond with waterfall and garden. over the years it has been leaking. And this is the thread from Rooter Co. strikes again !After jetting the Laundry line,charging $500,the laundry backed up 1st load! They obviously never ran the machine twice to test. Soo they camera and say they find 2 holes in C.I.3ft. wide hallway.This is a radiant heat slab 3/8" copper 12" on center. $5200. I tell customer My book says $2900. I get it and start yesterday. Crank up the Munchkin boiler. Using My Raytec Infrared temp gun I find 2 ,15 degree higher temp. hot spots. Leaving 2-21/2" safety zones I cut pockets out of concrete ,dig 24" down and clear dirt away from 2" C.I. laundry branch. Not easy digging and cutting out C.I. through 2 concrete slots! What really upset Me, is to see the reinforcing wire mesh
    on the dirt at the bottom of the slab! Rooter Co . camerad and located this ,saying there are 2 holes in the pipe, not 40% Missing ! The $5200 price would have increased immediately of course. Thank You Adam so much for Your help Yesterday. Adam found out they can now reline 2". At 1st the customer was defensive about His pond loosing water. Last night He called, and admitted He regularly has to add water. After some thought, I have decided to use My borzit and run 2" Pvc ,Laundry to lateral. Also installing a CLEANOUT ! Love My EICHLERS
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Leaky koi pond kills cast iron, fish happy !

Didn't know about the 2" capabilities. I usually talk to a couple of the reliners at the PHCC trade show, didn't bother this year, so thanks Tool and Adam. Lots of old 2" ci underslab around here.

wookie

Comment

Eichlers were cheap post war housing. Occasionally, I'll come across an article in the Home and Garden section of the local rag (SF Cron) praising Eichler for the wonderful legacy he left. Having remodeled the plumbing on more than a few of them, I know this to be a bunch of BS. Glad I don't live in one.

Comment

While working on a new home in Atherton early this year, I toured the next door neighbor's house right before it was demoed. Built and occupied for many years by Eichler himself. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          While working on a new home in Atherton early this year, I toured the next door neighbor's house right before it was demoed. Built and occupied for many years by Eichler himself. Good riddance.
          What do You really think ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X