X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borzit boring at 1.2 degrees for 1/4" fall under slab

Tomorrow I bore 30Ft. under a slab foundation to install a 2" pvc Laundry drain. Old one has bottom 1/3 rusted out from leaking Koi pond. Will use a magnetic Plumbers torpedo level. I have never had a need for pitch before. Anyone else do this? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Borzit boring at 1.2 degrees for 1/4" fall under slab

tool the most important part is the first 5'. if you can establish proper grade in that 5' start, the rest should follow pretty closely.

set up some 2x4 board on grade and let the pipe and drill follow it. should allow for a good pitch.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      tool the most important part is the first 5'. if you can establish proper grade in that 5' start, the rest should follow pretty closely.

set up some 2x4 board on grade and let the pipe and drill follow it. should allow for a good pitch.

rick.
      Thanks Rick .Will do a 6'x8'x10' line set up off foundation to be square . I will use a dryline 6 'above trench,from house to fence. From this I will have two drop lines with lug nut weights down into trench. These will hang next to my 3/4" Galvey drive pipe. I've always used a 3' start pipe[as instructed] and followed with 10' sections. I have a long starter trench why not start with a 10' for accuracy? Thanks tool
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes start with the 3' the very beginning like Rick said is what can make or break a good bore. Actually for me with a mole it is the first foot that is the most important. While doing the bore if I labor in one spot too long then I may have hit a large rock and it may deflect the mole so you hope it all goes the same steady speed.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I also use a water level between my pits to get true level then use my torpedo level to get my grade.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

All went well! I drilled 30 ft. under slab ,and was only 5" offset! I used a 2" auger and then a 3 " auger for the new 2" Laundry line. I should have also used My 5". It was a bear getting the Pvc 30 ft, here's why. Our soil is clay and it was loaded with water from the Leaky pond.Customer is thrilled.

Comment

Working...
            X