X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When plumbers go on vacation !

Do You shut off Your water service,and turn that W.Heater to vacation mode ? I do
    Hate surprises,when we return ! Any other suggestions ? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: When plumbers go on vacation !

What is a vacation?
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

make sure to change your answering machine message.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I take the dogs to the kennel, put out enough cat food to keep the cats from becoming cannibalistic and on occasion, lock the front door. I do not shut the utilities off.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I post online my address & how long I will be gone. Then I turn off all the lights, leave the front door unlocked, lay down on the sofa with my 12 ga. & see how many varmits take the bait.

Comment

You have to turn your water heater off if you are gone for more than two weeks. If left on the heater will store water and hydrogen gas from the water. It is flammable.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

we dont go away for more then 5 or 6 says but there are others living in the house some times when we go
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                What is a vacation?
                Last month,It's been 7 days ,and the other night till 8 pm. Daughter #2 is getting Married ! So beth and I will have some fun times
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. Years ago, I went to Ibiza, Spain with the boys before we got engaged and married to our girlfriends. Everyone who went on the trip has had daughters. I have two. We called it "the Ibiza curse". Of course we now realize that it is not a curse at all. I am dreading the teenage years, though
                  We have concluded that it would be cheaper to purchase our own catering hall for all the sweet 16's and weddings.
                  I always shut the utilities when away. I also leave the lights and TV on if away from the house for more than 30 minutes at night. Crime is on the rise here.
                  Last edited by NYC LMP; 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

On the rare occasions when we leave for more than a day or so I shut the water off and relieve pressure. I turn the water heater to pilot. Turn the heat down or the AC off. We have someone pickup th mail. We leave a light on.

How rare you ask? We took a week and went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras while my van was getting painted. It was our first vacation in 4 years. Our last vacation before that was Hawaii, that was our 1st vacation in a decade.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
                      I post online my address & how long I will be gone. Then I turn off all the lights, leave the front door unlocked, lay down on the sofa with my 12 ga. & see how many varmits take the bait.

Comment

Bout as close to vacation I get is sitting on a job waiting for a inspector. But I would at very least turn tank down, and shut off water. Seen tooooooo many accidents happen to just walk away from my house and assume its going to behave

Comment

Rinnai 5.4 tankless recently installed in my house , nothing to do but pack when I go on vaca !
                          Last edited by maaxspeed96ct; 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X