X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victaulic Parts

WOW is all I have to say, the HVAC guy I was doing a re pipe for asked me to pick up a couple gaskets for him, 6" Vic gaskets were 28 bucks each. I paid less for the 6" weld fittings.

Re: Victaulic Parts

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
    WOW is all I have to say, the HVAC guy I was doing a re pipe for asked me to pick up a couple gaskets for him, 6" Vic gaskets were 28 bucks each. I paid less for the 6" weld fittings.
    the difference is the labor as you well know. 5 minutes to make up a 6" Vic clamp under the worst of conditions on most jobs, fit and weld out a 6" joint will take longer than that for sure. Victaulic is profiting off their inventions, they sell the time saving feature of their product and pocket the profit realized. the job saves time to the client and the GC like it, the fact that they are not paying MORE than they would if it was a welded connection is OK with them. Plus I don't need to rent or buy and maintain a welder, I need a couple wrenches and a Vic roll groover for my power head, much cheaper from a tools angle too.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

It is the only way I will run diesel lines anymore. Threading costs too much because I refuse to purchase foreign pipe for cutting threads. Welding, I reserve for BIG jobs.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I understand the ease of installation, and a retard running Vic pipe, but a piece of rubber that costs more than a damn metal fitting, come on.

Comment

I understand the ease of installation, and a retard running Vic pipe, but a piece of rubber that costs more than a damn metal fitting, come on.
          Supply and Demand.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

The selling price is based on what its worth, not on the cost to produce the item.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              The selling price is based on what its worth, not on the cost to produce the item.
              Discounting any outside influences, eg., competition, government restrictions, the selling price is based on what the market will bear.

Comment

They're pretty proud of 'em thats for sure.

Comment

it is hard to find a good welder that can weld pipe for diesel or similar type of products.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                  X