X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Stop Maintenance; not getting paid.

Anyone have dealings with them? I have heard horror stories. A woman from there, swear to God, told me I should sue them because they are not paying their contractors. She told me that they wonder if they will get paid sometimes.

I was told they are going to plumbers getting what they can for free and running to the next plumber/sap. I am not saying it is what they are doing. It is what has been said by others.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Re: 1Stop Maintenance; not getting paid.

Never heard of them. Why should you sue them, have they stiffed you?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well, it is a little too early to tell. I have done a few jobs for them. I will wait it out for a little while. I hope the ones who are complaining are doing so because they are not used to doing commercial work. 30-60 days is normal for a check to get to me from corporations.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • and other specialties.

Comment

This is why we don't work for any type contractors in where our money goes through them. (exception for 2 contractors we have known for 20+ years)

I either deal with homeowner/ person getting the work done directly, or I walk out the door.

I don't care what the policy is for a commercial account, as our policy supercedes theirs if they want us to do the work.

It's that simple.

I hope you get paid gettinit.

Comment

That whole "commercial" think is a crock of crap. I'm a commercial business and my suppliers are commercial businesses and they expect payment in 30 days or they are all over my backside. Any contractor, commercial or otherwise that does not pay his bills in 30 days is not anyone I would even consider doing work for.
          sigpic

Comment

I work by myself and cannot afford to pass up many jobs that can come my way. I work for corporations, property management companies and the big plumbing and HVAC companies. I have been blessed with work and patience. I would rather wait and get my money than get stiffed. It is a possibility that we must face on many jobs.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

Well, best of luck to you but unless you can get your creditors to wait 60 or 90 days, it's only a matter of time before you are under water
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Well, best of luck to you but unless you can get your creditors to wait 60 or 90 days, it's only a matter of time before you are under water
                You have a good point. The ones with a good payment history keep me running to their businesses. The others, like this one customer, will get me to do more once I am paid for the two previous calls.

Jobs like a booster system which can easily run $30,000 I get a contract and they pay me up front for the materials. So far, they have gone with the bigger companies for that reason.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

Be vary careful giving credit can ruin your business my terms are payment on completion no matter who it is and I get it I`ve being bitten from fly by nighters and learnt my lesson many years ago not to give credit as they have a way of leading you on to do just another job without paying the total amount for what you already have done and before you know it they have you by the balls and don`t pay and then move onto another plumber where they start all over again and think its smart but its fraud

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    Be vary careful giving credit can ruin your business my terms are payment on completion no matter who it is and I get it I`ve being bitten from fly by nighters and learnt my lesson many years ago not to give credit as they have a way of leading you on to do just another job without paying the total amount for what you already have done and before you know it they have you by the balls and don`t pay and then move onto another plumber where they start all over again and think its smart but its fraud

Tony
                    Contractors are the reason why my cousin went out of business the first time around. We told him, but he simply didn't listen, and this time around he's doing pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                      I work by myself and cannot afford to pass up many jobs that can come my way.
                      You should learn to! Certain people take advantage of guys like you/me...they assume you will do anything because of that thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X