Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartan Tools

Originally posted by plumbers101 View Post
    There's no problem for me in using Spartan tools. I do fix immediate problems with regards on this tool. Maybe, it's just a matter of experience in using this.
    I will admit my lack of knowledge vs the others here but I meant Spartans lack of service from a company standpoint.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
      I will admit my lack of knowledge vs the others here but I meant Spartans lack of service from a company standpoint.
      You want service for Spartan tools, Ridgid, General, Eel, and most other machines. Call Marvin at Allan J Coleman.

As for not having a 10" cutter, the problem is with a 3/4" cable the larger the cutter the more likely it can turn around on itself. It can do a 10" sewer, I know this cause we do have some older residential homes in Hinsdale, IL that has 10" clay lines. I was able to get the line open make passes with 2" 4" and the 6" cutter to ensure the line was good and clear. Now if you want to rod a 10" line with a cutter larger than 10" then you need to up the stiffness of your cable or use rods as in the solid steal rods.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        You want service for Spartan tools, Ridgid, General, Eel, and most other machines. Call Marvin at Allan J Coleman.

As for not having a 10" cutter, the problem is with a 3/4" cable the larger the cutter the more likely it can turn around on itself. It can do a 10" sewer, I know this cause we do have some older residential homes in Hinsdale, IL that has 10" clay lines. I was able to get the line open make passes with 2" 4" and the 6" cutter to ensure the line was good and clear. Now if you want to rod a 10" line with a cutter larger than 10" then you need to up the stiffness of your cable or use rods as in the solid steal rods.
        "As for not having a 10" cutter, the problem is with a 3/4" cable the larger the cutter the more likely it can turn around on itself." is this the reason for single "mainline" blades. I am with you. I already ordered two machines from them a few weeks ago.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

a 3/4'' cable is way too flexible for 10'' pipe. the cutter will never stay centered and the cable will always stay at the bottom of the pipe.

typically when you have large bore pipe, they will run a heavy duty corkscrew cutter on a rod machine. the corkscrew will still typically be a size under the diameter so to allow for any offsets. remember with a rod type machine, they don't do anything but manhole to manhole.

a jetter is a much more logical choice and it's the machine of choice for all the local municipalities out here. yes they still have rodders, but those are on their way out. for limited access and to punch a hole they will still turn rods too.

do you really plan on snaking 10'' pipe on a regular basis? other than storm drains i rarely see larger than 6'' lines. although when i was doing new construction, we did install up to 12'' sanitary lines and larger storm drain.

a jetter doesn't have the torque build up like a cable machine does. i wouldn't want to even think what the torque required to cut into a plugged 10'' line would take. even with a small cutter on my 1.25'' innercore sectional cable would still be a fight to properly clean a 10'' line.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Nothing over 6" will be a regular thing for me at this point. I have little experience over 6". I have had to do soft blockages only in 8" and 10" and one 8" root infested sewer. I have been subing 8" to 15"" out to another company. To be honest if it isn't PVC at those sizes I sub it out for fear of roots. I had to do something on that one job due to job circumstances. If I have pushed my machine to its limits I have yet to realize it. If it can be done I would like to not give away the jobs.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
            X